“It's Amore!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Whitehall
“It's Amore!”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Very good food and lots of it. I couldn't eat all of my meal, so I took the other half home and had it the next day and I think it tasted better the next day. They have good gourmet dinners and also good brick oven pizza. So if you don't feel up to a big meal, you can get something that is a smaller portion and still enjoy the Italian Mediteranian cuisine. And last but not least, I thoroughly enjoyed their NY style Cheesecake. Oh so creamy!

Visited June 2012

Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice atmosphere, although seems they could do a little sound-proofing as noise seemed to echo. My husband and I visited on Sunday evening, April 22, there were only 3 other couples there. I have passed this "new" restaurant a number of times and the parking lot seemed always full. Maybe the pouring rain kept people indoors. I had ordered the Veal Saltimbocca which is a favorite of mine to order when going out to eat. I would give it an o.k., not the best I've had. The veal might have a bit too thin and chewy. My husband had the Salmon Amore, he said it was good and gave me a taste. Again, it was o.k. Small portion with about 4 shrimp on top. Very friendly nice waitress which we chatted with for a bit since the restaurant was not as crowded. I would recommend visiting and even though my review here states it was o.k., I would visit again to try out the Mediterranean menu items

• Visited April 2012
Philadelphia PA
“Nice Edition to the Valley”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This BYO has a wide net of Mediterrean dishes such as Kibbe, hummus, and grape leaves plus the classic pizzas, pastas and veal dishes. The night we were there we started with clams oreganato and zuppa de clams in a white sauce. The garlic knots were great for sopping up the sauce which was also available in marina and fra diablo. We both had the Veal Verone, a generous portion of veal medallions, lump crab, artichokes, and olives with your choice of pasta. The dish would have been even better had the chef used fresh olives rather than the sliced variety found in the supermaret aisle. Where the meal feel short, however, was dessert. My cannoli's filling tasted sour and was on the runny side. My husband's baklava was far from the flakey. Would we go back to this BYO? Yes.

• Visited December 2011