“Sad it turned out this way.”
Review of Amore

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Amore
Ranked #54 of 94 Restaurants in Whitehall
Cuisines: Mediterranean
PA
“Sad it turned out this way.”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Good food. Terrible customer service. We presented our waitress with our groupon at the start of our meal and she said she would accept it at the end. We ordered and enjoyed our meal, bill ended up being $56 for 4 people. When we handed her the groupon she stated she would not be able to accept it as we did not order 4 entrees. No where on the groupon did it say that -and she did not inform us of that fact when we ordered knowing we had the groupon. What was listed on the groupon: "Expires 150 days after purchase. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Not valid with any other specials. Not valid on Valentine's Day. Closed on Mondays." No where are there ANY stipulations about entrees. She said she would need to phone her manager. Then a male comes to our table and expressed arrogantly that he did not care what the groupon stated, they would lose money if they did not apply to entrees and that it was groupon's fault as they wrote the terms wrong (?!) What kind of customer service is that? I asked him how did that end up being our fault. I'm not sure where blaming the customer is good business. I can't imagine this place will last long if this is how they treat their customers. Otherwise for this exchange we would have likely returned and dined at this establishment again. Now I'm telling all my associates to stay away.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank whereaminow77

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Just a great place!”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Fantastic. Food is great. Reasonable prices. Great staff. Owner Noelle is very personable. Everything about this place is top notch. Byob but if u forget there's a liquor store next door or they'll treat you to a free glass of wine! Highly recommend!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Average Experience”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Went to Amore for a dinner recently and had what I would call an average meal experience. The earlier review spoke to the noise in the main dining area....and he is right, it was loud. The tile floor means everything echoes all over. The dining area has a little bit of a fast food feel to it.
Our food was basically good, nice sauce...but a little stingy in terms of things like the shrimp. The service was slow and inconsistent. We had to keep on reminding our server to bring stuff, she didn't swing by our table for almost the entire meal. I'd say value is good in terms of prices; being a BYOB helps with the bottomline too.
The place is new, it's only been open for a year or so. Things like service and noise can be fixed.

• Visited September 2012
Whitehall
“It's Amore!”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Very good food and lots of it. I couldn't eat all of my meal, so I took the other half home and had it the next day and I think it tasted better the next day. They have good gourmet dinners and also good brick oven pizza. So if you don't feel up to a big meal, you can get something that is a smaller portion and still enjoy the Italian Mediteranian cuisine. And last but not least, I thoroughly enjoyed their NY style Cheesecake. Oh so creamy!

Visited June 2012
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice atmosphere, although seems they could do a little sound-proofing as noise seemed to echo. My husband and I visited on Sunday evening, April 22, there were only 3 other couples there. I have passed this "new" restaurant a number of times and the parking lot seemed always full. Maybe the pouring rain kept people indoors. I had ordered the Veal Saltimbocca which is a favorite of mine to order when going out to eat. I would give it an o.k., not the best I've had. The veal might have a bit too thin and chewy. My husband had the Salmon Amore, he said it was good and gave me a taste. Again, it was o.k. Small portion with about 4 shrimp on top. Very friendly nice waitress which we chatted with for a bit since the restaurant was not as crowded. I would recommend visiting and even though my review here states it was o.k., I would visit again to try out the Mediterranean menu items

• Visited April 2012

Been to Amore? Share your experiences!