“THIS HOTEL HAS BUGS”

The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Me and a few girls from work stayed here one night as we just wanted a weekend trip to Mohegan sun. we booked the "business suite" and it all seemed great at first until I found a stink bug on my pillow, the nightstand, the walls, the windows and the lamp. we found 8 bugs all over, and when calling to complain the entire staff acts like it's not a bug deal, "oh they're just stink bugs" is what they said. also, the club is insanely loud and you can hear the music all the way up in the tower where we stayed. also, the staff is very unfriendly, epecially the bartenders at crescenzos. overall terrible experience. they told us we could talk to the morning, and when we tried she was "out of town". would not reccomend

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank staciiiolson1
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Melanie,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review regarding your recent stay at The Woodlands Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the cleanliness of your room.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Wilkes Barre. Please feel free to contact me directly at: rosskornfeld@thewoodlandsresort.com.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I should have abandoned booking this when the booking agent on the phone hung up on me. It looks OK from the outside, but the walls are paper thin, so neighbors talking (even in a normal voice) at 2 am sounds very loud, and you won't sleep; the pillows are some of the most uncomfortable pillows I have ever encountered; and the hot tub is gross and is in dire need of being cleaned. I've never so overpaid for a hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room not at this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie M

Dear Melanie,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding just about everything you encountered on your recent visit. Why didn't you bring any of this up while you were here? We would have loved the opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Had a busines trip that led me to the Woodlands Inn on 3/4 to 3/5/13. The property is lovely, with multiple restaurants, and a giant hot tub room. Free buffet breakfast (yum), free $10 in slot play at Mohecan Sun (with free shuttle transportation there), and a free drink coupon made for nice extra touches. The king side bed was extraordinarily comfy, I had a flat screen TV in my (albeit small) room with patio, very nice grounds and common areas. I'll look forward to coming back here again.

Room Tip: No fridge in the room, so don't pack snacks that need to be cooled.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 570-824-9831.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

My husband and I spent one night at The Woodlands Inn after finding out they are part of the Ascend Collection of hotels. We had such a wonderful experience at another Ascend Collection hotel that we thought we would try this one. It is a lovely resort, having many amenities such as an indoor and outdoor pool, a huge jacuzzi, fitness center, nightclub, and restaurants. We enjoyed the jacuzzi and indoor pool, had a delicious breakfast, and a drink at the bar. The resort provides a free shuttle to the Mohegan Sun Casino nearby. We took advantage of that as well and really had a good time. Our room was quite nice also, not large, but had everything we needed and was beautifully decorated - as was the rest of the resort. The only thing I could find fault with was the cover charge the nightclub was charging. I think guests should be able to get in without having to pay because the club is open to the public and it seemed to be well attended by area residents.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

As part of the Ascend Collection from Choice Hotels we do participate in the Choice Privileges reward program, earn valuable reward points with each stay.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Just a short drive from the Jersey Shore for a weekend getaway. My husband and I met 8 friends at The Woodlands for a 3 day weekend. We could not have been happier with the cleansiness of the rooms and friendly atmospher from all the staff. I would recommend this hotel to singles, families of any age. Christine C

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

I came to a friend's wedding, It was spectacular! This is such a clean, warm and five stay feel for a great price bargain! Thank you so much for helping me with my every request! I will be back at every chance I get!

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi is the best ever!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Only stayed overnight, but the staff was great. Gave us a late check out (we were using the spa though) and were very accomodating overall. Rooms were nice and clean. We stayed in the tower away from the clubs. View out back is over a stream which was great. Being winter it was frozen, but summer I am sure its a beautiful place to sit and relax. Patios and bridges right by it.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower or a room away from the in house clubs as it can get noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

570-824-9831

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilkes-Barre
Mohegan Sun Pocono
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre
Hampton Inn Tunkhannock
Hampton Inn Tunkhannock
#1 of 4 in Tunkhannock

Been to The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!