I stayed here 2 years in a row, both mini ski getaways for the weekend. From NYC it's only 2 and a half hours away.
I went here with friends last year and we had a really good time because there's nightlife attached to the hotel. It's rural nightlife however but if you don't mind that it's really inexpensive and fun to people watch.
This year however was a family trip with my family (2 kids, 9 and 5). The best part of the woodlands in this instance were the restaurants attached. After a long day skiing, we were able to go back and shower and head to dinner at the brick over pizza place inside (the wait staff is just the best). I also realized that if you're there for a family vacation, the attached nightlife can be a little much, drunk girls in short sparkly dresses holding their heels and laughing loudly at 2 am is a bit annoying. Hearing the guest dj's entire set was not fun. As are the thin walls. Thankfully if you ski or snowboard enough you'll be too exhausted to notice.
Overall it's a great getaway in an inexpensive area. Snö mountain is 20 minutes away (just past some outlets) and Mohegan Sun is up the street so there's always something to. But make sure you're doing either or.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Woodlands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre