“A get away at the Woodlands”

The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 20 March 2013

My husband suprised me with a weekend get away for my birthday. We stayed overnight at the Woodlands Inn. It was our first visit there and it will not be our last. Our room was beautiful and so clean and very affordable. It was easly assessable. The workers were so polite and so helpful. The stream and scenery is wonderful. It was a very relaxing time and we can not wait to go back again. Highly recommend the Woodlands Inn as a great place to stay and unwind.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The staff here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job.

I am so honored that you chose the Woodlands Inn a member of the Ascend Collection from Choice Hotels while you were in Wilkes-Barre. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the staff will as well when I share it with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travel plans bring you to town. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me. The front desk would be happy to connect you to my office.

There are newer reviews for The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is a really great resort with a lot of things to do in the area.The accodomations were very good. the rooms were a little small but very nice. The only reason I did not give it a 5 star is we were there with our dog and the pet rooms are in the main hallway where everyone goes through to get to the resturants and the dog would hear every little noise which was not good for us trying to get some sleep.I feel it would be better if it was not in the main hallway but that is not my choice. I would hope the hotel would consider moving the dog rooms into the side wing.I would not hesitate to tell anyone to stay here.Over all great resort.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 2 years in a row, both mini ski getaways for the weekend. From NYC it's only 2 and a half hours away.

I went here with friends last year and we had a really good time because there's nightlife attached to the hotel. It's rural nightlife however but if you don't mind that it's really inexpensive and fun to people watch.

This year however was a family trip with my family (2 kids, 9 and 5). The best part of the woodlands in this instance were the restaurants attached. After a long day skiing, we were able to go back and shower and head to dinner at the brick over pizza place inside (the wait staff is just the best). I also realized that if you're there for a family vacation, the attached nightlife can be a little much, drunk girls in short sparkly dresses holding their heels and laughing loudly at 2 am is a bit annoying. Hearing the guest dj's entire set was not fun. As are the thin walls. Thankfully if you ski or snowboard enough you'll be too exhausted to notice.

Overall it's a great getaway in an inexpensive area. Snö mountain is 20 minutes away (just past some outlets) and Mohegan Sun is up the street so there's always something to. But make sure you're doing either or.

• Stayed: February 2013
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your online review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. The staff and management in both restaurants will be happy to hear about your comments.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Me and a few girls from work stayed here one night as we just wanted a weekend trip to Mohegan sun. we booked the "business suite" and it all seemed great at first until I found a stink bug on my pillow, the nightstand, the walls, the windows and the lamp. we found 8 bugs all over, and when calling to complain the entire staff acts like it's not a bug deal, "oh they're just stink bugs" is what they said. also, the club is insanely loud and you can hear the music all the way up in the tower where we stayed. also, the staff is very unfriendly, epecially the bartenders at crescenzos. overall terrible experience. they told us we could talk to the morning, and when we tried she was "out of town". would not reccomend

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank staciiiolson1
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Melanie,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review regarding your recent stay at The Woodlands Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the cleanliness of your room.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Wilkes Barre. Please feel free to contact me directly at: rosskornfeld@thewoodlandsresort.com.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I should have abandoned booking this when the booking agent on the phone hung up on me. It looks OK from the outside, but the walls are paper thin, so neighbors talking (even in a normal voice) at 2 am sounds very loud, and you won't sleep; the pillows are some of the most uncomfortable pillows I have ever encountered; and the hot tub is gross and is in dire need of being cleaned. I've never so overpaid for a hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room not at this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie M

Dear Melanie,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding just about everything you encountered on your recent visit. Why didn't you bring any of this up while you were here? We would have loved the opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Had a busines trip that led me to the Woodlands Inn on 3/4 to 3/5/13. The property is lovely, with multiple restaurants, and a giant hot tub room. Free buffet breakfast (yum), free $10 in slot play at Mohecan Sun (with free shuttle transportation there), and a free drink coupon made for nice extra touches. The king side bed was extraordinarily comfy, I had a flat screen TV in my (albeit small) room with patio, very nice grounds and common areas. I'll look forward to coming back here again.

Room Tip: No fridge in the room, so don't pack snacks that need to be cooled.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 570-824-9831.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

My husband and I spent one night at The Woodlands Inn after finding out they are part of the Ascend Collection of hotels. We had such a wonderful experience at another Ascend Collection hotel that we thought we would try this one. It is a lovely resort, having many amenities such as an indoor and outdoor pool, a huge jacuzzi, fitness center, nightclub, and restaurants. We enjoyed the jacuzzi and indoor pool, had a delicious breakfast, and a drink at the bar. The resort provides a free shuttle to the Mohegan Sun Casino nearby. We took advantage of that as well and really had a good time. Our room was quite nice also, not large, but had everything we needed and was beautifully decorated - as was the rest of the resort. The only thing I could find fault with was the cover charge the nightclub was charging. I think guests should be able to get in without having to pay because the club is open to the public and it seemed to be well attended by area residents.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.

We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

As part of the Ascend Collection from Choice Hotels we do participate in the Choice Privileges reward program, earn valuable reward points with each stay.