“Volunteer Organization Retreat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
New York City, New York
“Volunteer Organization Retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was there for the first time as part of an annual retreat a volunteer organization I help out with has. For things like retreats and conferences the facilities are great, plenty of room and very well laid out. The coffee, snacks and provided meals were excellent and definitely a step up from standard conference fare - and as a vegetarian I'm used to the vegetarian options being rather lackluster, but what they provided incredibly good. Every staff member I dealt with was amazingly helpful. The rooms were very nice and in great shape. For off time the pool and jacuzzi are amazing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our small meeting and convention space can accommodate anywhere from the smallest group to over 1,000 guests. Wireless Internet and audio visual equipment to enhance any/all small or large meeting. Our staff is dedicated to offering top notch service throughout the process.

Ross Kornfeld

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Fogelsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were looking for a place that all our guests would be comfortable with a few things to do near by. The Woodlands provided this and more. Starting with check-in everyone was kind and accommodating. We promptly dropped off our bags and headed over to the bar for some appetizers and drinks while we waited for the rest of our party. The food came fast and was very good, the bartender again just as friendly as the front desk and willing to help me figure out some tasty drinks. Onward to Shogun for dinner, we did hibachi and again everything was good and we had a good time with the others at the table. We also enjoyed dinner the next night at Crescenzos, great pizza! The hotel was kind enough to shuttle our party of 15 over to the hockey game and pick us up, which is a huge help if you've ever tried to get to the arena with the traffic. We also enjoyed the nightclub and live band with a little dancing and a late night pizza for a snack. The only thing we didn't get to was the spa, which is something I hope to try on our next get away weekend and if I can swing it a suite! I highly recommend this hotel for your visit. Thanks to everyone who helped make my husband's 50 bday special.

Room Tip: If you need an elevator, be sure to ask for the tower. The lower floor hallway is the path the most...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out your review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Spa services would absolutely make your next stay even better. Be sure to book them in advance as the spa normally books up on weekends.

Kind Regards,

Owner
The Woodlands Inn
570-824-9831
west deptford nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

It was my first time there. I was really impressed with how friendly the staff was, and also how clean everything was. Our room was nice and modern, the bed was so comfortable. I like that we did not have to leave the hotel at night we went to dinner at the Japanese Restaurant Shogun it was very delicious. After wards we would go to the down stairs bar where they had live entertainment. It was fun. The huge hot tub was nice. I checked out the indoor pool but it was a little too cold for me. So when you are packing do not forget your bathing suit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear TamiMiami:

Thank you for your review. Our customer service is something we're very proud of at the Woodlands. When will you be back? We are running a nice two night promotion called Winter45. Book two nights for $199.00 and receive a $45.00 Crescenzo's gift card. This package celebrates our 45th anniversary.

Cedarhurst, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Beautiful, neat, and fun place to go with your love one. Next time we are bringing our kids with us so they can also enjoy.
The pool an jacuzzi are amazing. They accommodate our needs for kosher food with out any problems.

Room Tip: The rooms are a little small but again wonderful place
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angela R
Dear AngelaR:

Thank you for your review. Your kids will love the place, from the pool and Jacuzzi to the hibachi inside Shogun Japanese restaurant, skiing and tubing nearby at Montage Mountain. Outside the hotel at nearby Mohegan Sun Arena two events your children may like; Sesame Street Show on March 7th and 8th and the Harlem Globetrotters March 21st.

Again thank you for the review and hope to see you again soon.

rustyfan2
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My friend and I were looking for a 'girls' getaway and stumbled upon this doing a google search. The attached day spa was absolutely what we needed, massages, pedicures,hair styled..Yep a girls dream day. The Jacuzzi well thats a review in itself..huge..it was relaxing and just what we were looking for..The rooms were nice.Keurig in the room. Shuttle bus to the casino was also a big plus for us. Will be staying again..Taking the hubby this time!

Room Tip: I did see that it said 'free' breakfast..I didnt find that only the restaurant..but wasnt a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Rustyfan2:

Thank you for your kind words regarding the service you received from the girls in Alexander's Spa. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that the girls went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. Have you ever thought about seeing a show at the F.M. Kirby Center, Jim Belushi performing March 13th. You can stay here with our "Got your tickets package" and we'll provide you with transportation to/from the concert.

We hope to see you soon.

Selden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

My family and I stayed for two nights Feb 20-22. Our stay was wonderful !!! We went skiing at Montage Mountain, we bought lift tickets and tubing tickets through the hotel. It was a great discount !!! Take advantage if you are going to ski. My son ended up getting sick on our way back to the room. The house keeping was so kind to us. She gave my son a warm towel to wipe his face. The front desk was so concerned about him. He was sick because of eating to many s'mores, at the mountain. :)
We also visited my nephew, who goes to Kings College. Great location if you need a place to stay if you are visiting at the college.
When booking the agent was so helpful, a hot breakfast buffet was included.
I would highly recommend staying here. The rooms were very clean, the breakfast was delicious, and the staff was top notch. Also when you check in they give you coupons. One of the coupons was a $ 25.00 off your next stay. We will defiantly be using it !!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Renee:

Thank you for the kind words regarding the service you received from our front desk agent and housekeeper. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that these team members went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. I'll be sure to share your feedback with them and their supervisors. Make sure to take advantage of that $25.00 off coupon for your next stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for my birthday in the suite with the 2 person jacuzzi. The room was huge and very clean. The jacuzzi tub is so comfortable and might I add my boyfriend is 6'8 & sat comfortably in it. The restaurant shogun was VERY GOOD. The bar in there was a decent price. Mall and casino in the area. Overall this place was AMAZING! Be back in March.

• Stayed February 2014
sammaya, Owner at The Woodlands Inn, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Happy belated birthday, so glad you enjoyed the Jacuzzi Suite. Did you enjoy the spa during your visit? if not, maybe in March you can schedule a few spa treatments to make your stay even better. If you like pizza you can try our other restaurant Crescenzo's Brick Oven.

Thank you again for the positive comments, see you in March.