My husband booked this hotel for our anniversary because he thought it was in the woods where we could go hiking (cause that's just what we do). But upon arrival, when the GPS had reached the destination, his face deflated because the inn was right across the street from a car dealership. So at that point we were not expecting much. However, it turned out to be a very fun weekend. The staff at this place were all extremely friendly! Everything, including spa services was very reasonably priced. Sitting outside to have breakfast/lunch by the creek was very nice. We had a couples massage outside and it was very nice and not expensive at all!
About the hotel itself, it was clean and renovated, but the rooms were a bit small. The gym, pools (both indoor and outdoor) are not mention worthy. Did work out at the gym while we were there, but like I said, not fantastic.
As for the surrounding area...there are a few places to go hiking, but since the weather wasn't all that fantastic we opted not to vist. There is a place called "7 tubs" which was only a few miles away and from the pictures/reviews it looks nice, so something to look into. There was also a casino up the street which was very lively on a Saturday night. It had 2 live bands....typical casino, but if that's what you are into, you will enjoy it. In all honesty, the area around the hotel was quite ugly and not picturesque, but if you stay in the hotel and never look out towards the street, you will enjoy this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains with a peaceful stream winding through, The Woodlands Inn is the premiere destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for your next vacation, event, or business function. Step through our doors and take in a deep breath of fresh air, thanks to our smoke-free policy. Look around and you'll find beautiful ballrooms for your celebrations and special events, meeting rooms for any sized corporate function, and Alexander's in the Woods, a full service day spa. Featuring 2 restaurants, 3 bars, and Evolution Nightclub, you'll find no shortage of entertainment options as well. Plus, as the closest full-service, off-site hotel to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, we offer a complimentary shuttle for all our guests. With countless rooms and packages to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for at The Woodlands Inn. We are a member of Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International. The Woodlands is proud to combine our impeccable array of services and amenities with the benefits of the Choice Privileges rewards program, resulting in a truly memorable experience every time. We make every effort to ensure the complete satisfaction and enjoyment of all our guests, and as a dog-friendly hotel, that includes your best furry friends as well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Inn ~ Ascend Collection By Choice Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Woodlands Hotel Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Resort Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Wilkes Barre
- Woodlands Inn Resort Wilkes Barre