The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites(Wilkes-Barre)
US$93
US$110
US$110
US$179
US$122
Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena(Wilkes-Barre)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$64
Red Roof
US$154
1,040 results
All reviewsstreamside roomoutdoor barbeautiful streamhuge jacuzzibrick oventower roomshogun restaurantdance clubhot tubsushigreat weekendcasino packagefree shuttlebreakfast buffetshuttle servicethe mohegan sun casinothe room was nice
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We have stayed at The Woodlands many times during the past eight years. The staff has always been most helpful and accomodating. After our most recent stay, we realized that our camera was missing. I called the hotel and Dennis, a front desk receptionist personally checked the room to try to locate the missing item. He did not find it at that time; however, when we returned home there was a message on my answering machine telling me that the housekeeper who serviced the room found the camera. Dennis even offered to mail it to us. This is just one example of the excellent service provided by the staff.
We look forward to our next stay at The Woodlands.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Found a coupon in the travel guide and checked it out, everyone was fantastic! The rooms were always clean, the staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome and accommodated. There were parties etc but it never got overly rowdy near our room. We definitely would go back for another get away weekend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My family has been going to the Woodlands for years and have not been there for a while. It appears the hotel has gotten a nice little face lift and has updated to a boutique hotel. The changes are very nice and the beds were cozy and comfy with upscale down pillows, down comforters and clean modern lines. The hallways do not look as though they've been updated, however. We stayed creekside.

The service was notably excellent. The staff were very friendly and accommodated our few requests courteously and quickly. One amazing thing was that we spent a lot of time in our room catching up on sleep the last day and had only gone out late in the afternoon to use the very large "hot tub" and L-shaped pools. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but the staff managed not to disturb our sleep and had miraculously cleaned our room while we happened to be out for that short amount of time.

The only major problem I have with the Woodlands is the very thin walls in the rooms, and while we were lucky not to have neighbors that were too noisy, we could hear a child in the next room coughing (to give an illustration of the issue). As I understand it, this hotel does a lot of business with school events and weddings, so I could see the potential for a noise issue.

Another thing to note is that the creekside room tends to get humid, so running the Air Conditioning does not seem to be optional.

I would have also liked it if the pools were cleaned more often.

At the price we paid we were also surprised that the breakfast was not included (weekends).

I looked around at other hotels in the area while we were in town and would still choose the Woodlands over the other options.

1  Thank K80NYC
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Wanted a quiet getaway for the weekend for me, my husband, and my 2 dogs. The room was very well decorated and clean, but small. My room was in the main building close to the pool and wooded walking trail (great for the dogs). We chose the hotel because it had everything at one place so we would not have to leave the hotel for anything. I especially loved the beautiful scenery with views of the creek. What I did not realize was that they had a night club at night. All night long we heard booming music and a lot of loud, drunk people walking past my door. I went to the front desk to ask if there would be another room away from the main hallway that I could move to the next day. Rich was very helpful in trying to move my room immediately, but there was nothing available off of the main hallway. I was up all night long keeping my dogs from barking at passing people. I expected some foot traffic past the room, but not all night long. Also, for being a pet friendly property, they had no outside trash cans except at the pool. Was VERY disappointed to learn that the hotel offers a complimentary breakfast during the week, but charge for the same breakfast on weekends. We ended up checking-out after one night and going home because I could not deal with the night club for a second night. Hotel is perfect for young couples who like to go clubbing, but not for older adults who are past that phase or families with children.

Reviewed 16 June 2010

I have stayed at this hotel before, in fact, I have reviewed it on this website before (recently). I was also pleased with the hotel, staff, and food. This time I was very disappointed.

My boyfriend and I decided to stay at the Woodlands for one Saturday night (June 5). I felt like the price of the room was a big outrageous considering it is just in Wilkes-Barre. But we were always happy with the room and always loved the sushi at the restaurant so we booked anyway. We figured it would be worth the money. WRONG.

The room was fine as usual...clean etc. The bed was very uncomfortable though, which is weird because it usually isn't. My boyfriend had the hardest time sleeping.

We had dinner at Shogun....order sushi as always. It was terrible. The presentation was great but the actual quality was horrible. One of my rolls included shrimp tempura....it was so hard and over cooked you could barely bite into it. I was so disappointed. This is the main reason we come to this hotel.

Then, after a poor dinner we went to the outside bar for drinks. It was a bit overcrowded outside but I would consider that normal since it is June and it was a nice evening. Going inside is not an option though since smoking is still allowed indoors in PA....not used to that being from NJ. So we figured we would just go back to the room and order room service. The last time we were there we were able to order a bottle of wine off the room service menu.

We went to the room to look at the menu....no drink menu. We have been here before were there was a wine list to order from. Not this time. So we figured we would just order some loose beers....keep it simple and cheap. We ordered hummus and pita as well (which was good). We placed our order and we were told 15 minutes. Reasonable for 6 Coors Lights and a plate of hummus and pita. AN HOUR LATER it finally comes to the room. By now I'm so tired from sitting around waiting that I only have one beer...my boyfriend has one....and we go to sleep. Oh...the "room service" was delivered to us in what looked like a paper shopping back from the mall...so the beers were all over the place. A bit sloppy considering this ran me about $45.

The breakfast in the morning was good....so IF you stay here I suggest you take advantage. Eggs to order and the cook was super friendly.

So, unfortunately I do not think I will be staying here again. After the charge for the room, the terrible room service, and breakfast my bill was $307....to spend one night...in Wilkes-Barre. I feel like it was WAY over priced. When deciding what to do for the weekend we considered LBI and found ocean front rooms for around $150-$175....but we chose the Woodlands instead for the sushi. By the end of the stay I paid double what I would have if I went down the shore....and had horrible sushi. I really do not have any need to return.

2  Thank shannyb41