“great location and value!”

Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reading, Pennsylvania
“great location and value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I was a little apprehensive at first because of the lower rates and a few bad pics on site from 2011. But the location was ideal for my needs, so I booked a King room just for one night (I was actually staying in the area for three nights but just in case…). I ended up adding the rest of the nights after my first night!
Checked in about 8pm and wanted a room on the parking lot side for convenience to my car (had some extra stuff with me to drop off next day at work and didn't want to leave in the car - even though they appear too have 24hr security - I'm a little bit cautious when it comes to any parking lot - indoor or outdoor). Was tired and hungry but they have a TGIF restaurant connected to the lobby - so I did not have to get back out in my car. The TGIF bar came in handy also. Room was very clean with fairly new furniture?and their King bed was I believe one of those "heavenly beds?" - anyway felt like one and had no problems falling asleep.
Woke up early and had to be at work by 6:30am - and their breakfast person (very nice older lady) was nice enough to give me a small to go box with a some breakfast stuff around 6:15 even though they didn't open till 6:30. Saved me a few bucks! Luckily when I got back the hotel was having some sort of monthly manager's party for the guests - free beer and food! Got to meet some staff and they all seemed to be very nice and eager to help (one even went out of the way to make sure I knew a couple of places to eat at nearby - didn't want to do TGIF for all 3 nights).
When I checked out ( a young lady named - Angie?) made sure that I was aware of their policy in allowing pets - just because I mentioned my dog being left behind. Will definitely bring "Teddy" with me next time! The only small drawback was their free workout room was next door at their sister hotel (Host Inn?) but actually making me walk a few extra feet helped me work off my dinner.

Room Tip: I preferred my room on the parking lot side but they also seem to have a nice courtyard (with a walk...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank steve s
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Hello - Thank you for your review of the hotel. I recall that we had a brief moment to meet during our Manager's Reception. I especially want to say Thank You for recognizing the service you received from our breakfast attendant and our guest service representatives. Their commitment to guest service is second to none and I appreciate that you acknowledge it in your review. Please feel free to contact me personally upon your next visit to Wilkes-Barre. We look forward to your return! Regards - Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Endicott, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel is more like a motel. All rooms are outside entrance LOUD in the morning, no elevators. Parking was terrible late night, not enough spots for all the guests. Rug was worn and air conditioner did not work too well. Shower floor was a little worn. The hotel rooms seems like they certainly need to be updated. About 3 miles from Mohegan Sun Pocono Downs Casino and the shuttle did not run after Midnight on a SATURDAY night.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms point toward the Garden area(quieter) instead of the parking lot(Very Loud)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JCB0787
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Please accept my sincere apology for the lack of parking and the room conditions as you wrote in your review. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. Regards - Mark

Travellers are raving about these Wilkes-Barre hotels

Lindenhurst, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We planned and weekend get away- Picked Quality Inn because of the beautiful Jacuzzi and pool. Was very disappointed when we arrived- First impression -It is in need of exterior clean up. garbage and cigarette all over the grounds. We chose a early check-in(3pm) we got there one room was ready the other was not. We are told by a not so friendly front desk clerk that the checking was not a guarantee and they didn't know when the other room will be ready.The hotel was sold out and they were doing the best they could. So we went to check out the pool. THEY HAVE NO POOL or JACUZZI it is in the hotel behind them.You have to go through there lobby to get to it. and you have t get the key from the other hotel to enter the pool. Not a friendly staff at all .. will never stay here again ...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Please accept my sincere apology for the problems you described in your review. I welcome the opportunity to connect with you personally to discuss these matters. Please feel free to contact me directly at your earliest opportunity. Regards - Mark
Manalapan, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Spent 2different nights at this hotel. Not a bad place, was clean. Housekeeping was very nice to us. The only thing we were disappointed in was the shuttle service. We were told the first time we called for our pick up, that they were very busy please be patient. We waited about 40 minutes, when no one showed, we called a second time. We ended up waiting almost 2 hours before someone showed up for us. We made sure the desk knew we were at the RACING end of the casino.When the driver picked us up, he said he was waiting at the casino entrance. Apparently whoever relayed our call didn't pay attention to where we would be waiting. Other than that our stay was very nice. And yes I would go back again. A plus is they are animal friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello - Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the hotel. I am sorry to hear about the situation that ensued with the hotel shuttle service. I will be certain to discuss this with the individuals who schedule our shuttle service. Aside from that, I am pleased that your experiences were pleasant and that you would stay with us again. Thank you again! Regards - Mark
Cortland, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We were in town making a trip to Pocono Downs for the Breeders Crown races. Although every room was booked, it was quiet at night. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The room had a nice flat panel TV with a remote. There was also a refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, hair dryer, dresser, and 2 chairs in the room. The bathroom was clean with a spacious tub/shower. The tub hot water handle was missing the screw so it fell off a couple of times. There is a TGI Fridays restaurant attached to the main lobby which made it nice to have a late dinner and not have to worry about driving after having a couple of drinks. The parking spaces could be a little wider. Overall, a very good stay!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello - Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay while in town for the Breeders Crown races at Mohegan Sun. If your travel plans bring you back to Wilkes-Barre, we would be delighted to have you as our guests once again! Regards - Mark
Mount Airy, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our soccer team stayed here for a tournament. It is a motel, not a hotel, so your door leads outside. The room was spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was clean & nice (not old & yucky !). Has a coffee maker & hairdryer (although the instant coffee provided was terrible). Refrigerator (with a small freezer) and microwave were very clean. The provided breakfast in a room off of the lobby was great, make your own waffles, bagels & cream cheese, fruit, cereal, coffee, juices, muffins & plenty of seating. The hotel connects to a TGI Fridays restaurant. There is a mall across the street, and plenty of restaurants covering all price ranges in the area. Grocery Stores near by also. We didn't use it but the motel has a huge courtyard with picnic tables and grills. The hotel staff were friendly and efficient. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in the center of the row, and although you have to carry your luggage up...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank anne b
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review of the hotel. I appreciate your honest feedback including the Room Tip that you shared. I pleased that your stay was pleasant and that we can look forward to your return! Thank you again!! Regards - Mark
Willseyville, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

This place isn't what I would call a Hotel - it's a motel. It's loud from traffic and people. We were on the bottom floor and all the rooms had doors on the outside like a motel. People would walk by all hours of the night talking and you could hear everything. The 2nd floor was the same with people hanging out drinking and talking it up.
The pool they say they have, is in a different hotel out back.
The smell of cigarette smoke comes through the vents in the rooms as people are standing outside smoking.
The breakfast was like a stampede of people. I can't say if it was good. It looked like a good assortment. My grandson almost got sick from the smell (of the people) when we walked in so we didn't stay. This place reminded me of a welfare place where welfare puts up people who are homeless. .
I will say the rooms seemed to be clean, but the smell of cigarettes did linger in the room. I used a room freshener in it.

Room Tip: The photo of the place doesn't tell the all......
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Mark Desmarais