“Not worth the money”

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Lexington, Virginia
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The motel was poorly maintained. Box spring was ripped, outlets didn't work, room phone didn't work and holes in the curtains. paint was peeling around door frames. Don't waste your money here. For the condition of the rooms and property they should be charging $50 per night tops!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Quality_Inn_WB_GM, Front Office Supervisor at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 October 2014
Dear Anthony P.,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I am concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I apologize for the room issues you experienced. Comments and suggestions we receive from all guests are taken seriously. Please be assured that all of the issues you've outlined have been addressed with the proper departments. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. Please contact me personally if you have any questions or concerns.

(p): 570.824.8901

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Central Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A seamless check in and check out experience. Friendly and alert responses from the front desk in person and on the phone. A nice view of the valley from our second floor balcony and a nice , firm king size bed. Plenty of cable channels available. The continental breakfast was very nice, certainly well above average. Fresh scrambled eggs and sausage, fresh fruit, donuts, and other selections.
The breakfast room was full as there was a Bible conference in town, but all of the people were very polite and the motel staff was very, very attentive and kept everything very well stocked.
The only issue that we had was that when we arrived at our non smoking room, it was obvious that someone had been in there smoking earlier. I alerted the front desk- so we were not charged for this infraction, and housekeeping was at our room within ten minutes to spray some disinfectant.
We will stay at this Quality Inn again next year if our schedule brings us by here again.

Room Tip: Select room 210, an end uni, second floor, nice balcony view of the valley.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cakes77,

I really appreciate you taking the time to rate us here on TripAdvisor! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take our guests' satisfaction very seriously here and it's great to hear another happy guest chiming in. Your feedback is extremely important to us - it lets us know where we need to improve and if our improvements are enough. Thank you again for your time and also for your patronage. We hope to see you again next year!

Mastic Beach, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family and i stayed here 2 weekends ago. The staff was very nice. I got the info for the hotel on line ..when coming in to check in the parking lot looked very full . It looked like it was sold out . The front desk person found my family a room even tho the rest of the town was sold out. The breakfast and the courtyard was both great. I read my book outside my room for atleast an hour and I didn't get interrupted once it was very quiet. Im sure their are few things to be fixed up but all hotels have different issues.. I would love to stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Monica S.,

Thank you for rating us here on TripAdvisor! Your time and patronage is certainly appreciated. The weekend you stayed was in fact a very busy one for our area, but I'm happy to hear my team was able to accommodate you here. I am also pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of not only our courtyard but our delicious complimentary deluxe hot breakfast as well. If I can be of any assistance with any future reservations, please let me know. It would be a pleasure to serve you again!

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. I chose this particular hotel because of the price and it would allow me to go up at tier on the Choice Privileges programme. The hotel is old and the rooms show this. It was dirty and worn out in parts, but the bathroom was clean and for the price paid, it offered good value. The breakfast is served in a separate part of the hotel, which took a bit of finding. It was standard Choice Hotels fayre. You can also use the swimming pool of the hotel next door, which is a much nicer hotel. Overall I am never impressed with Quality Hotels brand, I prefer Clarion and or Comfort brands as they seem to be better quality, fresher and cleaner rooms. This is a simple hotel, with nothing really that good, which would warrant an emphatic recommendation.

OK but could be better.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Chris_Cotton,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your recent stay. We definitely aim for excellence and it appears that we fell short of that standard during your stay and for that, I sincerely apologize. While the structure of our building is a little older, we are constantly updating the interior to feel welcoming and modern and, above all else, to be clean and comfortable. Please be assured that your other concerns are being addressed with the appropriate staff and department heads so that we can improve upon our service to you our valued guests.

Thank you for your patronage, and again for your time.

Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here one night. We found the hotel through one of those booklets at a travel stop and the price seemed right so we stopped in. It was also great that they allow pets as we had our dog with us. I stayed at a Quality Inn before in Oswego and was impressed so needless to say, I was a bit disappointed by this one. First off, it is an in through the out door type of hotel/motel. The lobby was ok and there was a TGIF's connected which was nice.

The room itself was on the second floor and because it is more of a motel, there are no elevators, at least not for the public to use. The stairs seemed to be falling apart as there were some type of tools planted to keep them from collapsing. The room was clean, but dated. The curtains and the linens smelled of 1987. Their was a small fridge. The Bathroom was clean. The room was big enough for my wife and I and our dog.

The outside had cigarette butts all over the parking lot. There is a nice courtyard that is surrounded by this hotel and a marriot which is nice. It comes equipped with a couple of BBQ's that you can use and some tables and there are baggies for dog clean-up.

Overall, this was a decent stay at a dated hotel. With a few upgrades, this Hotel/Motel can fair a lot better but overall, we got what we needed which was a decent nights stay!

Room Tip: Get a room with a courtyard view, just looks nicer when you step outside.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rich S.,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your recent stay. I would like to assure you that we are constantly updating our property to feel more comfortable and modern. We also do sweeps on our property on a daily basis to combat the litter (such as cigarette butts) and I apologize that we fell short of your expectations during this time. I am happy to hear that the room was satisfactory and accomodating enough for your family.

Thank you again for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention and we look forward to providing an improved upon experience with your next visit because of it.

Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Been staying here again on my now almost monthly trips to the area on business. Last visits were end of April, end of May, and just this week. What's there not to like? Good value, clean rooms (one of the rooms bathrooms was a little dated - but was clean); great staff and good location for my needs. Breakfast was also much better than most - breakfast lady (Mary?) is awesome. Parking near my room is so convenient for me. On my last visit they upgraded me to a courtyard room - and the view was great (posted a few pics). Looking forward to going back each month!

Room Tip: prefer second floor - looking out to their courtyard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank steve s
Steve S, hello sir and thank you for taking the time to rate us!

It's always a pleasure to have you and we really appreciate the kind words! You got some excellent photos of our courtyard, thanks a ton for posting them. Our goal is always to provide you with exceptional service to leave you feeling 100% satisfied with your visit. Receiving valuable feedback from our guests help us to know what we are doing right and what we need to work on.

Thank you again!
Houston, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Girl at the desk was very pleasant. Gave me the room I asked for and extra coffee. Internet was very good. Room clean and neat. Basically it was a better than average stay. Coffee was available 24/7 and dining was within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you need internet this is the place to stay
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Stan H, thank you for taking the time to rate us!

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and benefited from the amenities. It's greatly appreciated that you chose to stay with us when there are so many hotels in the Wilkes-Barre area to choose from. We look forward to seeing you again!