“Book Launch Party”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Kingston, Pennsylvania
“Book Launch Party”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've eaten at Cork several times and love their food, atmosphere and friendly staff. The Ahi Tuna and Salmon are both amazing! When I needed a location for a party of over 100, I reached out to the owner who was very accommodating. Ruth had great ideas for both food and drink. She also was able to accommodate vegetarian needs. The stuffed mushrooms, edamame rolls and coconut chicken were all a hit, as was the Sangria! The servers and bartenders were fantastic. I was so busy talking with guests and they always made sure I was offered food or a drink. The outdoor patio added not only space, but a wonderful open atmosphere. I often recommended Cork for dinner and now I can also recommend it for parties and events. Thank you Ruth, and your team. We had a great time!

• Visited May 2014

Taylors, South Carolina
“Wilkes-Barre's Finest”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Great menu with a variety of choices. The eggplant parm was delicious and I highly recommend it. The ambience in this restaurant is nice. The downstairs area has the bar and the upstairs is very quaint. A great place for a special occasion.

glen rock, nj
“Nice folks but food just average”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a party of 7. Excellent service and liked our room and the room temp. But the food was really just average. I had seafood crepes at $24 which were very small and not really stuffed at all well. Could barely taste any crab. Only tough shrimp and the lobster sauce had no lobster meat. It was simply a sauce with lobster flavor which I could barely taste. The meatballs were supposedly popular but I wasn't in love with them. The stuffed mushrooms were very bland and the stuffing hard with some kind of cream sauce which was supposed to be blue cheese but again, I saw no pieces of blue cheese. The chicken parm was good. My son got the chicken saltimbocca which was good and a great portion. My mom got the stuffed pork chop which she liked. Again the food was average and definitely NOT deserving of the price tags on any of the items. House salads were iceberg. They need to switch to field greens!! At least give the customers some vitamins!! Iceberg doesn't count for anything except crunch and long shelf life!! But again the service was great.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank luvturquoisesea
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
“Graduation Party - Great Food/Service”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was looking for a place to have my daughters graduation party for appoximately 20 people that would be an intimate setting, good food, not a chain restaurant, and within driving distance of Wilkes University. I often heard of Cork's restaurant and how good the food was in WB and decided to contact them. Ruth the owner responded to my email and was able to create a fabulous menu based on my budget criteria. The menu included beef, chicken, burgers, risotta - a great variety so I booked the venue. Any question I had she answered promptly - we arrived Saturday afternoon and was promptly taken up stairs to the dining area. The cake was displayed - the menus were at each place setting and Katie was there ready to take our drink orders. The atmosphere was perfect - we were able to mingle carry on our conversations and sit down and enjoy the day. The food portions were large and everyone agreed the meals were delicious and many commented they would be back. Thank you Ruth and Staff at Cork's Bar and Restaurant for the hospitatlity and the ease of getting this booked. It was a fabuluous ending to a perfect day.

• Visited May 2014
NE PA
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Love this place, the Italian items are fantastic. Love the drinks, apps, burgers, and seafood. The service is also top notch, very attentive.

Plus every two weeks they have a wine class with food pairings on a different theme. Lots of fun. Highly recommend!
Oh, and in the summer they have a patio that is dog friendly. My wife always choses outside at any restaurant that has the option. This patio is great.