“A comfortable large room with good wifi”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was at a very late meeting and did nit want to make the 60 mile drive home. I pulled in to the Fairfield and I was pleasantly surprised. The desk was very courteous and friendly. The rom was big, the king bed very comfortable, the television selection was excellent, the room as clean....It is not teh Four Seasons and does not pretend to be. It is a very good hotel with all of the necessary items to make a the stay a good one.

Room Tip: The first floor room was a little noisy from outside sounds although it did not interfere with my ni...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
mnafus, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites of Wilkes-Barre. We also truly appreciate that you took time from your busy day to share your thoughts and your experience with us on a Trip Advisor Review.

Our staff truly tries to make sure that our guests have a great stay with friendly and welcoming service. We would love to have the opportunity to serve your lodging needs anytime you find yourself in our area.

Lindle Hippenstiel
Assistant General Manager
Fairfield Inn and Suties
Wilkes-Barre, Pa 18702

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed here for a night on my way home from a wedding. The staff was very courteous and friendly. After reading some of the reviews, I was a little reluctant to stay here. They proved to be wrong. The room was very comfortable and most of all clean. The complimentary breakfast had hot and cold food-- a very nice selection. The staff in the breakfast area made sure everyone was pleased. The front desk staff was very welcoming. All in all I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Valerie S

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs while you were in Wilkes-Barre. It was great to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that the staff were friendly and accomodating. We truly do work very hard at trying to deliver a clean and comfortable room along with the service that will make you want to return and see us again.

We hope that you have a happy, enjoyable, and safe summer season and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again whenever you are in the Wilkes-Barre area.

Lindle Hippenstiel
Assistant General Manager
Fairfield Inn and Suites
Wilkes-Barre, Pa 18702

Reviewed 14 May 2014

There was only one good thing at this hotel, is that their shuttle is on time!

I had a horrible flight from CA to Wilkes-Barre, so my stress level was very high and was visiting for business training. When I arrived from the airport every thing seemed fine with the service and room but I was in and out to my training in less than 15 mins. When I arrived back to my room I found the bathroom counters had dust on them and there was a crumbled soap bar on the side of the night stand. I am a very light sleeper and had been placed next to the ice maker which kicked on every 10 mins and the elevator...called the front desk to be moved in the morning and asked that they move my things due to my training all day. When I arrived back to the hotel, my items had been moved to another room on top of the freeway and some snack items had been taken out of a bag I had purchased, REALLY? Stealing just doesn't do it for me, that same morning I got into the shuttle van and not only did our driver get lost to our company, I directed him and I have never been to Wilkes-Barre, there was also a crushed apple in the very back seat that looked like vomit. I called to speak with the manager twice and to this day no return call. Also on visit to their excercise room it was also filthy and probably hadn't been wiped down in years. I travel a lot and I hope I will have an option on my future stay in Wilkes-Barre!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
mnafus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

I am concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. Your stay was not the normal experience at our hotel. Please accept our apologies. We have management available ever day during normal business hours, so I am disappointed as we were not able to come to a satisfactory resolution during your stay. I did review your guest profile, but did not see any guest room preferences or location restrictions. I do apologize you were not happy with your original room location or being near a vending area. I have discussed the matters you mentioned in this review with our staff and do find some conflicting information. I personally inspected your room prior to arrival & was not able to confirm the concerns you reported. Our executive housekeeper also personally moved your belongings to your new room & she did not take any items. I have complete confidence & trust in her handling any guest items. Please accept my sincere apology for any misunderstandings that may have occurred during your stay. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact me personally.

Michael Nafus
(570) 208-4455

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My room was not the cleanest. The towels were covered in red stains and the blinds were very dirty. House keeping left a bottle of cleaner in the room and random sheets and pillows were on the chair. The front desk was great and the shuttle service to the casino was great and on time.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback. I am concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. The comments and suggestions we receive from all guests are taken seriously. Please be assured that the issues we have discussed have been addressed. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. Please contact me personally if you have any questions or concerns.

Michael Nafus
(570) 208-4455

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I travel for months at a time and stay in many different hotels, the interior of this hotel is very warm and inviting. The first thing you notice is the fire going on those cold nights. Rooms have the same warm feeling as the lobby area. Maid staff is extremely nice and cater to your needs whether you are working days or nights. A bit more expensive than other hotels but well worth it for the long stay as the beds are very comfortable, feels like home..

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the wonderful comments! We work towards creating a welcoming atmosphere for our guests & want them to feel appreciated, thank you for noticing! We look forward to serving you in the future as well!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I'm From Norfolk, VA But was in Wilkes Barre,PA at a Auction Buying Cars I was in my dirty sweat pants and oiled up shirt, I needed too download some paper work that I left home by mistake 7 stopped in too this FairField Inn to use their computer. Now not even thinking bout how I looked or dressed I walked in asking too use their computer. The Gentleman at the desk which I know now as Mr. Lindle Hippenstiel the Assistant Manager just pointed me in the direction of the computer and even when came time for me too print out my paper work came over & showed me how, then offered me a cup of coffee telling me it was complimentary. I more myself like orange juice & found they had a little refreshment center with sodas, Juice & cakes. I grabbed up what I wanted paid for it then Told him I was a High points Member of Marriott's reward program Thanking him for treating me just like the guest he had coming in while I was their. I will be sure my next visit will consist of a night at this wonderful friendly Hotel. 10 Stars

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

A client stayed at the same property and found a fork and crumbs on his sofa after checking in. I found a curious item on my bed.
The rooms are decently appointed, the staff extremely friendly and the breakfast service top knotch. Housekeeping? Needs to be a bit more thorough.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review & we are happy you chose our hotel. We will certainly work hard on the areas you mentioned. We accommodate many guests, but want each guest to be satisfied. I apologize if we did not meet or exceed any of your expectations. Our guests tell us what we are doing right, what we should change and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.