“Rodney Dangerfield said it best”

Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 289 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Small food - Never saw an Entre special that was smaller than the appetizer and 4 x as much. Clam chowder on the appetizer was served to another table then to me and although warm it was sitting in the fridge before I got it warm not hot with butter starting to separate out.

5 small bay scallops (quarter size) and a spinich, corn, black bean, avacodo, and tomato salad about a scoop of ice cream size not the avacodo the whole salad. A slightly spicey roumalade smear on the plate and $30 dollars later. The others in the party had better luck and a lot of pasta filler save the meat.

More of a local snobbery than a dining experience. If you are local and floating in the cash the definite must do this. They do some cooking show inside guess you need an invite to that all the white wine with steak hmmm.

Average date night for average people find somewhere else its not for us.
Final word - skip this place it fails and not worth a second chance.

2  Thank Bill_C_06

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Don't waste your time and money going to Ruth's Chris. The food is better and less expensive than Ruth's Chris, but with the same type of atmosphere. I've eaten here several times, and have not had one bad meal, and the service is always great.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My sister came to visit from New Jersey and we went to Mohegan Sun Casino, Wilkes-Barre, PA. Went to lunch at the Rustic Kitchen inside the casino. My sister had the corn cob salad which was huge and she said it was wonderful. I had apps, eggplant rollitini and the Italian spring egg rolls, delicious. Definitely recommend.
JillW
Shavertown, PA

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I can't praise this restaurant enough. The food is delicious and the portions are generous. Whether I'm there with a large party or alone with my husband, service is always impeccable. Tonight we celebrated a family birthday with 14 people. One server handled our table alone and we were served very timely. We never waited for drinks and everyone's dinner was brought out to everyone at once and it was all fresh and hot. The manager is fantastic. Very pleased.

1  Thank Ginger2074
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Def something fun and different to do. Food was amazing. Chef Katie was super fun and really personable. Great for groups of people too!