“Food is average. Kitchen can't keep up! Cancelled order.”

Bar Louie at Mohegan Sun
Ranked #18 of 275 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is average. Kitchen can't keep up! Cancelled order.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Was at your establishment last evening. Had to finally cancel part of my order after waiting so long. Not a problem with the waiters/waitresses/bar attendants but a real problem stemming from the inability of the kitchen to keep up with demand. Ruined my dining experience. Shame on the kitchen manager.

• Visited January 2014

Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania
“Inconsistency....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Was here on Dec. 22, 2013. Ordered Boneless Chicken Wings and Fries. Got regular bony wings (undercooked in terms of not crispy) and no fries. Mentioned to waiter (male) that I didn't get my boneless wings or fries, he went and got my fries, I said that I ordered the boneless wings, he acted like he was going to get them and then not a word about the wings and then he never came back to check on drinks. We left disgusted. No manager coming around asking how things were. Previous visit was great no problems. Inconsistency makes this a "crap shoot" (it's in a casino).

• Visited December 2013
mt top
“Company Christmas Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Nice bar to host a small get together. Half price appetizers and drink specials 5-7. Wait staff very good. There are two bars and they serve a full menu. Plenty of drinks to choose from. We look forward to Bar Louie every year.

Visited December 2013
PA
“Always a Good Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I love going to Bar Louie! Everyone is very friendly and service is good. They have a nice size bar and plenty of seating. I've never gone to have dinner but have probably had every appetizer they offer. Wednesdays are a great night to go. They offer $5 buckets of beer (5 bottles $1 each) all day and half price select appetizers from 5-7! You can't beat it!

• Visited December 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Food is just eatable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've been here a few times. Years ago the food was good, now it's just eatable. Last time I was there my wife and I both got the Chop Chop salad with steak on it. It came out with steak-ums on it. Terrible. Why ask how I want the steak done when it looked like the cook made too much cheesesteak meat, so he threw the extra on the salads. Extra $5 a piece for that. My father got an egg sandwich thing that was ice cold. One other in our party got a grilled veggie wrap she enjoyed. (After I talked her out of the fish tacos I had on a previous visit and was disappointed with.) Another got a burger and he was happy with it. Service was good. We went at a quiet time and were well taken care of.

• Visited November 2013