“Excellent hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The Hampton Inn in Wilkes Barre, PA is an excellent hotel to stay in. This is our 3rd time at this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone travelling in this area. Rooms, are clean, bedding comfortable & very clean. Breakfast also very good !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had a great experience at this Hampton Inn. I would recommend it to anyone. No problems or complaints! If you will be staying in this area this would be a wonderful place to stay. I was on business, but would not hesitate to stay at this location if I returned to the area for pleasure. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was perfect!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This is our second time staying here and I love it. The staff is excellent and the room is clean. Decent breakfast in the morning and the location is great. Close to restaurants and the Mohegan sun. This will always be my go to spot when in the area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a very good night stay at the hotel. It is well located and has many local stores and places to eat. The room was clean and quit. Breakfast was the normal deal. It is an excellent way point for trips and offered plenty of parking for the Tardis. The Doctor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Clean, new, modern rooms. Full breakfast buffet in the AM is more than adequate (eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit and cereal). Good location, local shopping, but quiet. Very nice pool area with towels provided. Staff is friendly and helpful. We would definitely return here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It truly was like coming home, when I walked into #myhamptoninn . There was Frank, Jeff, and Jess welcoming me and making me feel like family. Like Frank said, Welcome Home! I can’t say enough about this particular Hampton Inn. All the employees at the Wilkes Hampton Inn always have the guest’s best interest at heart. I also had the pleasure of meeting Jill, I told her just how caring an warm this hotel is. I won’t stay in any other chain and this Wilkes location is my *home* away from home. So many times, guests will point out the negative or bad experience they have had, but it’s rare when a guest takes the time to accent the positive. This hotel goes above and beyond their duties. You can see and feel that they like their jobs and what they do. I would say, this is the hotel that *new* employees should come to train in. For the guests that are looking for a great hotel and atmosphere then the Hampton Inn - Wilkes Barre, is the one for you. My son plays football for King’s College, so I am up here for games, and I am at this hotel a lot. The manager even has a guest appreciation night which usually starts around the end of Aug on a specific night. It’s wonderful! Again, Thank you for always making my stay a little bit nicer, you just never know the week or day someone had, and to be welcomed in that warm way it really makes you feel special! Thank you!
Rosemarie Zub
Clark,NJ
rozemarie@comcast.net

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Unless you appreciate someone else's hair covering the tiles of the shower area you may want to consider another location at which to stay. Also, consistent difficulty receiving full television reception. After a extended wait time you will experience sound, but no corresponding video. As a previous regular guest, I know of what I speak. The establishment does NOT honor rules and regulations established by Hilton, owner of Hampton Inn, charging for items that are listed as complimentary. Finally, when confronted with this reality, the general manager,Jeff Foster, attempted to talk around the issue and when all else failed for him, began to belittle me. Does this sound like an experience you might enjoy?

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Frank van V
Jeff F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for informing us of your experiences. It is often through such correspondence where we discover how we can improve the accommodations and service we provide. Our goal is to provide each of our guests a perfect stay and fond memories of the visit.

I sincerely apologize for the problems and misunderstanding you have experienced during your visit. I can assure your observations are not taken lightly and changes have been implemented to correct the items you have brought to our attention.

I hope should your travels bring you back to Wilkes-Barre, you might consider giving us another chance. We would love the opportunity to redeem ourselves. I know we can do better

Respectfully,