“Amazing Risotto”

Cafe Toscana
Ranked #9 of 284 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: http://local.yahoo.com/info-41653809-cafe-toscana-wilkes-barre;_ylt=Am264zZdtq4WhisiFbaV83mHNcIF;_ylv=3?csz=Wilkes-Barre%2C+PA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have dined here many times and I have never had anything short of a great meal. The staff is so friendly and the wine choices are also excellent. They also have a prix fix menu that is extremely worth it. Enjoy!

1  Thank tonimcd
There are newer reviews for Cafe Toscana

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Excellent service, attentive staff, menu extensive.Food DELICIOUS! A good price for a dinner out.
All at our table enjoyed the evening.

1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I go to Wilkes Barre fairly regularly and make sure I stop here for dinner when I can. Very fresh salads and some dishes are outstanding like the angel hair with mushrooms. Wine selection is great. Remember in context of being in a poor city, this place is fabulous.

1  Thank Barb W
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A wonderful, real Italian restaurant not dumbed down and Americanized. On the square in downtown Wilkes-Barre. My wife and I enjoyed a romantic time with a delicious meal. We both wisely selected the “Prix Fix” option- which is a four course meal for $30 a person. I felt that was a little high, but by skipping the wine- it stayed within our budget. We each got bread, an appetizer, a soup-or salad, our entre, and a choice of one of 4 dessert selections with a cup of coffee or cup of tea to finish with. We both enjoyed our Cheese/asparagus ravioli and the apple/walnut salads that we both chose.
The Crème Brule dessert that I chose was incredible! It is a outstanding custard with a butterscotch crust. The best dessert that I have enjoyed anywhere this year. The only problem that we encountered here was that it took too long to get our check from the waiter. Evidently, the waiters “put on some kind of shift” among the assigned tables and we just got missed. We did however receive very attentive and polite service. What can they improve upon? Widen out the playlist of the canned “Italian” music that plays in the background. More fresh flowers on the tables. I can certainly see how this restaurant has earned such high ratings on this website.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good food and nice portions. We arrived about 5:30, and the place was packed by 6:00.
Service was excellent and the servers were knowledge about a variety of wines.
I will eat here again on the 4th of July! Did I mention the pricing is reasonable.
Don't know much about Wilkes-Barre, but this place is a hit!