“OK restaurant, love the free balloons”
Review of Friendly's

Friendly's
Ranked #109 of 283 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American
Pennsylvania
“OK restaurant, love the free balloons”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We live about 45 miles from Wilkes-Barre. Every so often, we go there to shop. The Friendly's is one of our "go-to" restaurants. It's conveniently located by the mall and has ample parking.

The menu is limited - certainly, less extensive than Perkins. The food is good, but not a knock-out. Prices are about what you would expect for a coffee shop. In short, it's an okay restaurant.

The highlights: free balloons for the kids (my 6 year old daughter loves them) and the kid's menu includes drink and an ice cream dessert (also a hit with my daughter) with the meal.

On our most recent trip, we were seated promptly; the staff was very friendly and our waitress was very personable. The food was good - my wife very much liked her Asian salad, my sandwich was fine, and my daughter liked her lunch.

We did notice that the restaurant had a musty smell, something we had not noticed on prior visits. While the restaurant was clean, it is aging and could stand a little fresh paint outside.

Friendly's is what you would expect from a coffee shop - good food at a reasonable price. That's enough for us to return every once in a while.

• Visited May 2013

Ashley, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Whoopie”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Long wait for food, high prices, and a shrinking menu. More like a lunch than anything, almost 6$ for a shake, sandwich is 8$

• Visited March 2013
Scranton
“Good food, service could be better”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The food at the Wilkes Barre Friendly's is good. The restaurant is clean, the service is on and off. We've been there a couple of times, the first time it was like we were in Siberia. We were seated, served food, given the bill. No one ever checked to see if we wanted desert which came with the meal. The second visit was better but we noticed that that time, there was a manager present. Service was excellent on that visit, the server attentive to our needs and even went out of her way to help (I'm in a wheelchair and sometimes servers treat me like an oddity), to the point of opening and closing the entrance doors when we came.

Visited January 2013
Cincinnati
“Friendly staff, fast and courteous service.”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Prices and portions a good deal. This was a good choice to dine while staying at the Comfort Inn. Other choices in the vicinity included a McDonald's as well as others.

Visited August 2012
syracuse
“rotten”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Terrible hostess/manager (no greeting after standing right there for 2 minutes, just a "may I help you?" in an aggravated tone). Lots of carrying on by the kitchen/wait staff and who appeared to be the manager - totally unprofessional. Restaurant FRONT counter was sticky and dirty AND the Fribble that I paid over $4.00 for was watery and tiny (which I didn't discover until I was back on the road, too late to return it!). Wilkes- Bares Friendly's: you have a LOT to learn about customer service and quality.

• Visited June 2012