“Don't Fool An Italian”

Ranked #54 of 289 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 7 August 2014

First time trying a Grotto. This is the worst pizza we have had, second only to .99 cent frozen pizza from a grocery store. We tried it with a Restaurant.com certificate and there was literally an argument over it with the waitress, who spent over a half hour to go in the back and "ask for approval" from the owner, she told us. We wound up bargaining the price down, but never got the full deal I had purchased prior thru Restaurant.com. After the bill was given to us, we sat there alone in an empty restaurant. No one...I mean NO ONE was in the place. We were calling for help. Another half hour went by and I was furious by now, so I left the money on the table and walked out. NEVER again!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Born and raised in NY, and moved to TX 5 years ago. Unfortunately the TX pizza is not all that good. Up in WIlkes-Barre for a week for business and family, and stopped in Grotto with my Cousin for dinner. My wife and I was very please with the Pizza. It was very tasty, we enjoyed it all. The restaurant was nice and comfortable, and the server was good. Would definitely come back the next time in the area.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My family and myself went here for dinner. We ordered boneless chicking wings and pizza. The chicken was good. We had it with the hot sauce and blue cheese mix. It was something new for us. We like it.
Yet coming to the pizza. The pizza was, how should i put it, terrible. What kind of pizza can you not pick up. It was tasted worse than ordering a frozen pizza. Wait, frozen pizza's even hold up when you pick it up. This pizza on their menu was the "Works" maybe they need to work on it.
Frankly i think other things there, would have been better than that this crazy pizza.
Sometimes when you read negative reviews do consider it.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Wow....what a wait...15min. sitting and nobody in sight to even take our drink order. Just as we were preparing to give up and leave a waitress came over. OK but so not worth the wait.. won't hurry back for sure.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My review is for the pizza. I always get the plain and it is unique. They are the only restaurant I've been to that offers the half-baked option, which means that you can get a pizza half cooked & take it home and finish it yourself. There is a dining area, a bar and then a separate take out area. The rest of the menu is very basic, so I usually get the pizza to go.