“Very nice”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My boyfriend and I were visiting some friends and stayed here this past Saturday night. I wasnt sure what to expect because its a very small area but it was very nice. The room was very clean and the staff was wonderful. They let us check in a little bit early which was nice. The pool area was nice as well. Not huge but a nice area to hang out in and take a swim. Saturday night as we were going out for the evening, they had freshly baked toll house cookies at the front desk we couldnt resist taking. Will stay there if we are in the area again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My 18 year old Son and I stayed at this hotel saturday and sunday to be close to Ricketts Glen State Park. We were very satisfied with the service. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. We will stay here next time we visit the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

In planning our trip to PA, we researched all of the motels/hotels in the Wilkes Barre area. We were surprised at how expensive some them were. (We had an unhappy experience with the Days Inn there 2 years ago and did not want to repeat that.) Not wanting to spend a fortune, we booked 2 rooms at the Comfort Inn for 2 nights. When we arrived and saw that the Inn was right next to the highway, we were concerned about noise. However, our rooms were on the front side of the building and other than the occasional parking lot noise, it was quiet.

When we checked in, the front desk staff was very pleasant and even gave us freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. The rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. The bed linens smelled very clean and fresh. Internet access worked just fine. The shower was nice and hot. My only complaint about the room was the amount of light coming in at the top of the window curtain. Most people probably wouldn't be bothered by it, but I ended up putting towels at the top to block the light.

The breakfast was excellent, and the woman (Collete?) who kept everything stocked and clean did an outstanding job.

There is an indoor pool, which we did not use, which looked clean but the room it's in was very hot and humid. Apparently there is no AC in there and it felt like a sauna.

Overall, we would highly recommend the Comfort Inn and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front of the building. If you're on the back, stick to the lower floor...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank snowbird260
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Using our GPS, I called a variety of nearby hotels one evening as my husband and I were driving east. This hotel had the best rate and was closest to the highway so we didn't waste time driving around. Toni, the front desk manager, was very friendly and offered a very competitive price. The room was clean and quiet, and we appreciated the decent WiFi and free breakfast. I have not stayed in Comfort Inns recently, if ever, preferring other brand name hotels, but this stay opened my mind to the whole chain. The price was significantly less that Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express, but the quality of the hotel was on par. Well done, Toni!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The night personnel are rude. They need to learn how to talk to people. I've stayed at multiple hotels even in different countries and never had to deal with being talked down to. I was talked to as if I was uneducated, which I am not. I graduated with my bachelors and going for my masters. I have stayed in wilkes barre multiple times and never was treated like this. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
ComfortInnandSuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback but when there is a problem that makes a guests stay not quite so pleasureable, we do work even harder to resolve these issues to make all futures stays even better.

Comfort Inn & Suites
Management

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We're snowbirds and travel to Florida each Winter. We have stayed here before and will again. There are never any surprises awaiting us. Just a lovely hotel room with everything we need. Great price too when you use the coupon in the Coupon booklet that you get at the Welcome Center.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This hotel was a little pricey for a one night stay but the service was exceptional! Everyone was very nice. The room was clean and inviting but the bathroom was somewhat small. There were plenty of places close by to eat, one right in the hotel! Room service was also available.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family