“Busy place”

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Busy place”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were seated at a table and it took an hour to get a drink. Dinner was okay, I think the hibachi tables were handled better.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank letsgo555

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good sushi”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Love the house rolls, hamachi, good sushi place all around. Most importantly great food here, doubt anyone would be disappointed in it. As for the service, typical type of service for an Asian ran sushi place not much help with ordering... Atmosphere is neat and clean, i don't really any complaints.

• Visited July 2013
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
“EXCELLENT...and a VALUE if you go for the lunch!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

In the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area of NE PA, a number of "Japanese", "Japanese-Asian", "Chinese-Thai-Japanese"....(even an "Italian-Japanese" if you can believe it)! place(s) have opened in recent years. Some have closed. Others kind of fall by the wayside. Mizu Sushi is OUR favorite! First off, I loved the look of the place. Located in the former Bennigan's up the street from the arena, I thought Mizu was an impressive sight from the outside. It was, well... inviting!
So, one day we "invited" ourselves in and let me tell you, we were NOT disappointed! Initially, one is struck by the modern, Japanese decor...very clean, perhaps fung shway in concept, relaxing and beautiful. The service has been without fault, and we have been there MANY times! Despite obvious cultural linguistic barriers, we've NEVER had a problem with an order.
The food is TERRIFIC to say the least! If you go to the Hibachi, the "show" is fantastic! They have delicious fresh sushi/sashimi here, as well. I'm a steak lover, and I must say that Mizu's steak is the BEST I've ever eaten in a Japanese establishment! Done as ordered and with a delicious grilled flavor, especially enhanced by the sauces served on the side.
Back to cleanliness...one day, I arrived early-shortly before the place opened. What I witnessed was worth the wait! I saw waitresses, cooks, hostesses, etc. standing on table tops, scouring the walls, the windows, the floors...in the distant kitchen, I could see pails and mops and many individuals hard at work scrubbing their area. Oh...and by the way...they DID clean the counter tops they were standing on!
If someone from out of town wanted to know the best Japanese restaurant in the area I would, without HESITATION, recommend Mizu Sushi! BUT! I would definitely recommend going for the lunch from Monday thru Saturday when prices are literally half of the dinner prices. There are the same number of courses (soup, salad, entree) but it is MORE than enough to eat. Dinner is actually more than one can handle (at least in my case!) and unless you enjoy left-overs or can really pack in the food, lunch is certainly the better bargain!
In a word, Mizu Sushi is PERFECT!

• Visited April 2013
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“great dining experience”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

One of the best hibachi restaurants we ever been too. My wife and I had the chicken hibachi, which came with a salad, soup, fried rice, fried noodles, vegetables, chicken & two shrimp. The food was not over seasoned; we enjoyed our meal very much. In addition, the service and atmosphere were good also. We will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sushi and Sashimi”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is probably one of the best places in the area for Sushi. They have a large menu and some of the things on it you cannot find anywhere else close by. I love the white tuna. I have not seen it on many menus in the Wilkes-Barre area, so I was happy to see it here. It is just delicious. They have a huge variety of rolls as well. For those who are not interested in sushi, sashimi or rolls, there are many other things on the menu. They have hibachi tables, or you can get noodle dishes and soups, and various tempuras. The sake is very good as well. The service is good as well. It does not get overly busy here, and the service is quite quick. So there is not a lot of waiting.

• Visited July 2012