“Excellent sashimi, good service”
Review of Mizu Sushi

Mizu Sushi
Ranked #30 of 284 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Having lived recently just outside of Manhattan, I was surprised at the excellent quality of the sashimi at this restaurant. It was beautifully and artfully presented, and amazingly fresh and tasty. The service was good, not great. But it was worth it to go for the meal. I highly recommend the food.

There are newer reviews for Mizu Sushi

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Very nice inside and very clean. The Hibachi chefs were very fun to watch.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Service that we received was so terrible from the moment we walked in through the front door! The hostess can't find the reservation that we made a few days prior and we had to wait for a long time. Once seated, i told our server that we were celebrating our son's birthday and she gave us that kind of look like we were just being a hassle to her. Once we finished our meal, we thought some servers would come out to our table with the gong and ice cream for our son. Wrong! No birthday celebration whatsoever. She came to our table, dropped the check and never came back. I went to front desk to pay and told the cashier about what happened then asked to speak with the manager but subsequently told that the manager was not available. It was our first night at Mizu and will certainly be the last!

2  Thank kate1209
Reviewed 2 November 2013

One of the best places for hibachi that I have had.

This place is not the best for sushi (I've had better), but the sauces and flavors for hibachi are awesome! I have experienced Hibachi all over NJ/PA, and this is still by far my favorite Hibachi place! (I am only reviewing the Hibachi - their sushi is good but not the best I've had).

They offer you noodles AND rice, tons of veggies, and plenty of meat for a reasonable price. You may request the Hibachi tables or a few booths without the "show."

The flavors they use are wonderful, and I could eat plates and plates full!

Definitely will be back again, and again!!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We came here because were staying at Hilton Garden Inn, which is next door, and we were tired after a long day. We needed to relax by enjoying good service and great food. Both were lacking here. At other Japanese restaurants with hibachi service, we've always received excellent service from the moment of walking in the door. Service here was slow and simply rude.

Place was dirty.

The waitress would not crack a smile and was not interested in making our visit pleasant. She quickly put our drinks down and left; didn't bring iced water when we asked for it. When we asked what kind of dressing was on the salad and learned it was ginger, we asked for a simple vinaigrette; the salads came undressed, and when we asked about the dressing, she pointed to a bowl of white vinegar she had brought out--no kidding. She didn't try to make it right or correct a misunderstanding--she just pointed at the vinegar and walked away.

Our son has food allergies, and we thought that having the chef right there we could explain what he couldn't have. But they didn't want to sit us at our own hibachi, which meant there would be cross-contamination from the food for the guests sitting next to us. So they moved us to a dirty table (covered with soy sauce that hadn't been wiped down. I wish we had left at that point. They cooked our food in the back and brought it out to the table--but we didn't get as much as we would have at the hibachi, we didn't get to watch the chef cook (which is one of the reasons for going), and yet they still charged us the very high price as though we had stayed. Food that finally came out was nothing special--certainly not worth $26/plate.

Totally unpleasant experience.