“Best in the area!”

Add it.
Maer's BBQ
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Maers is a place close to my heart. I spend a lot of time on South Main, and while there are superb hot dog dives, a multitude of Asian restaurants (including the superb Thai Thai), pizza and chain restaurants, Maers is my standout joint!

Breakfast, whenever I have the time, I always go to Maers for a 5 dollar quick fix! Great pockets, standard eggs, all at a solid price-point.
All of Maers' entrees are killer, their house bbq sauces simply kill, and all of their sides, with the exception of the chips, are solid.

If you want a good, filling, meal at a reasonable price, Maers really hits the spot!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I've had BBQ from all around the country and was excited when I heard that a BBQ place was opening in WB. Basically an average sandwich, kinda small and very dry - you can put on your own different types of sauce but in my mind that's kind of admitting they're not confident in their bbq recipe. I don't think you should be able to eat anything bbq with out getting it all over the place... its the way it was meant to be. If you're going to do BBQ you have to blow it up... giant sandwiches, sauce everywhere, blues music blasting on the juke. At least that is what the best places are like. For some reason I basically like this place though.. I'll try it every now and then to see if they improved.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We love this place. I usually get the pork BBQ sandwich, which is piled high with delicious pork on a fresh roll. Their sauces are great and you get a ton of food for the money and the atmosphere is comfortable. Service is always friendly but we have waited longer than expected for a refill even when there was only two other tables filled.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Great location in downtown Wilkes Barre. Food is prepared fresh every day and is so tasty. The homeade dessert was the topper of the great meal. It was pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, delicious.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

What a terrific local BBQ place. Food tastes homemade and the service couldn't be friendlier. Tender pulled pork, excellent ribs and brisket -- really good mac and cheese, too. The spicy barbecue sauce was particularly good. We're just visiting but we would definitely stop back next time we're in the area.