“Delish BBQ in PA!”

Add it.
Maer's BBQ
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Who knew amazing BBQ in PA? Yes! First off even though they don't have a liquor license they served us local pumpkin ale! I agree with most of the reviews here, the chips with dry rub were fantastic. The brisket was very fresh and tender. I had the homemade baked beans and Mac and cheese. The Mac and cheese was amazing. The sweet and hot sauces were just as good. A must go in Wilkes-Barre.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Read the Trip Advisor reviews and decided to try Maer's. We found it a bit expensive and the food "okay". The B-B-Q Shrimp were good and all of the meats (ribs, pulled pork and brisket) were moist and had a nice smokey flavor. Although everything was well prepared.....nothing was "incredible". However, the B-B-Q Beans were a great side dish!

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

The food was good, especially if you like dry rub ribs.

The Asian slaw was incredibly spicy, which was very good

Mashed potatoes and beans were also good

I saw lion brewery when i drove into town and was hoping to have a beer with dinner, but they don't have a liquor license.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Maers is a place close to my heart. I spend a lot of time on South Main, and while there are superb hot dog dives, a multitude of Asian restaurants (including the superb Thai Thai), pizza and chain restaurants, Maers is my standout joint!

Breakfast, whenever I have the time, I always go to Maers for a 5 dollar quick fix! Great pockets, standard eggs, all at a solid price-point.
All of Maers' entrees are killer, their house bbq sauces simply kill, and all of their sides, with the exception of the chips, are solid.

If you want a good, filling, meal at a reasonable price, Maers really hits the spot!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I've had BBQ from all around the country and was excited when I heard that a BBQ place was opening in WB. Basically an average sandwich, kinda small and very dry - you can put on your own different types of sauce but in my mind that's kind of admitting they're not confident in their bbq recipe. I don't think you should be able to eat anything bbq with out getting it all over the place... its the way it was meant to be. If you're going to do BBQ you have to blow it up... giant sandwiches, sauce everywhere, blues music blasting on the juke. At least that is what the best places are like. For some reason I basically like this place though.. I'll try it every now and then to see if they improved.