Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wilkes Barre Lodge(Wilkes-Barre)
Melody Motel(Wilkes-Barre)
View Hotel
All reviewsmade to order breakfastred robinfront deskcracker barrelwithin walking distancethe mohegan sun arenanice staystaff was friendlyparking lotlocation is greatrestaurants and shoppinga great place to stayrooms are cleanshuttle servicewould highly recommend this hotelbusiness tripoff the highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This was our last stay in a string of hotels in the US which included Super 8, Sheraton, Hampton Inns, local motels, and a Jameson Inn. Except for the Sheraton, this was the priciest, and the least value for the money. It was quite a bit more than the Hampton, which had a room of equal value, and charged for the breakfast. For the three of us, if we had paid for breakfast, the experience would have been almost $60 US more expensive than the Hampton, where the breakfast was fine, the coffee good, and the room as well outfitted. Will avoid this chain in the future, unless I get a deal on it.

Room Tip: Another hotel....
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gwilliams
Megan R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write us concerning your most recent visit. I’m so sorry that you weren’t satisfied with the price for breakfast. You can confirm our bed n breakfast package where breakfast is included with the room rate at a discounted fee. We charge for our breakfast, because it’s a full, cooked to order breakfast with everything you need to start your day off right. We give you more then just cereal, yogurt and a few pastries. We give you your choice of a cooked to order breakfast with fresh eggs, bacon and sausage, pancakes, waffles, French toast, fresh baked pastries, fresh fruit, cereals, hot oatmeal just to name a few. It’s a step above most hotels’ free breakfast offerings. We hope you will decide to give us another try, we would love to show you how much value our breakfast really has. Thank you again for your feedback, safe travels.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I don't travel very often but this hotel was recommended to me as a place to stay on my way from Ottawa to Florida

The hotel was excellent. The staff were friendly and the room was very nice. It was also close to a casino that my wife and I visited.

The only problem that I had was with the amount I had to pay for my room.
When I phoned to make a reservation, I thought I was booking directly with the hotel but I was diverted to Expedia who made the arrangements for me. I was told by Expedia that they were able to get me a special rate of $112.80 including Taxes and fees.
When I checked into the hotel the clerk at the reception desk looked surprised when I handed my confirmation with the $112.80 on it that I had prepaid a couple of weeks before my trip.

When I checked out the nest day, on March 11 I received a printed invoice from the hotel showing total room and taxes amounting to $92.07
This means that my phone call that I thought was directly to the hotel cost me an extra $20.73 because Expedia answered the call.
I admit to feeling ripped off but I guess I learned a lesson that I will try to utilize the next time I travel - I.e. I will try to not go through Expedia.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glen074
Megan R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes-Barre. We are glad you had an enjoyable experience while traveling to Florida. I am sorry to hear there was a rate issue while making your reservations. Our front desk representatives would be delighted to take your reservation and ensure they get you the lowest rate possible. Please call us directly at 570-820-8595. I apologize for any inconveniences, and thank you for your review. We hope to see you soon when traveling back!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed at the Hilton on March 11th and had a great time. Hotel was nice and in a very convenient area to everything. Was shuttled over to casino and won a little money.Driver very pleasant and accommodating.When we were done we called for a ride back.Loved the service and room would stay again in future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes-Barre. We are so happy to hear you had a great experience while visiting the Mohegan Sun Casino! We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Booked at the last minute for an overnight stay while visiting the Mohegan Sun in Wilkes-Barre, PA. We booked because they provided shuttle service to the casino. We were a bit concerned it would be very noisy because the hotel was full and most of the people were attending a weekend kids hockey tournament. The room was very well appointed and very clean. The bed was probably one of the most comfortable hotel bed I've been in in a LONG time. Check in was quick and when we asked about a AAA discount it was applied. Called our friends to remind them to use their AAA discount and the woman at the desk said they don't give discounts when the rooms are sold out. Very strange. When our friends informed them that we had received it earlier, then the discount was applied. Never heard of such a thing! Only glitch was when we used the shuttle to come back. We called like we were asked to and it took 45 minutes for them to make the 5 minute drive. The woman that picked us up was very apologetic, but the woman behind the desk (that took the call) was NASTY ! I think she needs a job NOT in the service industry! All in all would stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask upfront about discounts and a smoking/non smoking room. They offer both.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Megan R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes-Barre. We are glad you enjoyed a great nights sleep while visiting the Mohegan Sun Casino! I am sorry to hear your family had a bad experience with a member of our team. I will investigate the situation and ensure it does not occur again. We appreciate the feedback on the shuttle. Unfortunately, we have one van that services all the hotel and it may have been assisting another guest. Thank you for all of your review, I look forward to working with my team to better our service. Again, I apologize for any inconveniences, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn over Christams. The service was great and the location was super convenient. They were very welcoming. The room was clean and the staff was accomodating. I liked the fact that you can adjust the firmness of your bed to suit your needs. They shuttled us to and from the casino. We were told that the shuttle was 24hrs. I'm not sure if that was just for the holidays or not, but it was fantastic. We called and they came rather quickly. We had breakfast downstairs. It was pretty good. The staff was very friendly, especially the chef. I was surprised by that considering they were working on christmas morning. The pooI was smaller than I thought and I didn't even bother going in, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Megan R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for allowing us to be your choice in travel for the holidays when visiting Wilkes-Barre. We are glad you had a great time and enjoyed the facilities! Thank you for the comments, they are vital to our success and we appreciate your feedback! We look forward to seeing you and your friends again soon!