Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Melody Motel(Wilkes-Barre)
View Hotel
All reviewsice makerfront deskbooked last minutea pet friendly hoteloatmealother hotelsbathroom floorhousekeeping staffbed was very comfortableesadishwasherchainsoapaccommodationswilkescasino
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I stayed at the Extended Stay for two nights. I got a great rate via Priceline but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel. The room was very large and had full size refridgerator, stovetop, microwave and dishwasher, which was great when traveling with a young child. . The bathroom was huge for a hotel! The room was a bit dated, but it was very clean. Bathroom was spotless and shower pressure was excellent. The windows were able to open and the fan worked great to cool the room. There was even a DVD player and you could borrow DVDs for free from the desk. The TV had a lot of channels.

There weren't any of the special amenities. You have to ask the desk if you need shampoo and they only clean once a week. If you want clean towels every day, you have to go to the desk and exchange them. The dishes they provide in the cupboard were a bit dirty, but I would have washed them again anyway to be safe. My one major complaint was that Priceline advertised this hotel as having free breakfast, but there wasn't even coffee at the desk in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Wilkes Barre - Highway 315. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

The staff are wonderful, the room was clean and very spacious. The bathroom was bigger than I expeted, only had one issue with it and that was the shower curtain would let water out onto the bathroom floor.

It was located close to everything, including a starbucks.

Only issue we had was with the neighbours upstairs, it sounded like a herd of elephants and went on for 3 nights. We did mention it to the front desk each night, the politely contacted the people but unfortunatley the noise continued. Luckily on the 4th day we had to move due to work, so we no longer had to deal with the noise.

Tips: do laundry during the day otherwise you won't be able to get near the washer/dryers till LATE due to all the men coming back doing laundry.

If you want to BBQ bring your own charcole - they have several BBQ's available out the back by the gazebo.

Apart from the noise we experienced it was a very nice place to stay & would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I recently spent two months staying at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Wilkes-Barre. Though not luxurious, it was very comfortable. The room had everything I needed including a kitchen (microwave, cooktop and full-sized fridge), and all the dishes, pots and utensils. The location is extremely convenient to the casino and shopping. The weekly housekeeping service was very thorough. Best of all the staff was terrific.. extremely helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend for a short- or long-term stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Wilkes Barre - Highway 315. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I just needed a place to stay in the middle of a long road trip. For a very low bid price, I decided to give it a try. The room was not fancy or super new, but it was clean and nothing was broken. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room had a fridge, oven, and microwave, as well as a DVD player on the TV. Free DVD's were available at the front desk.

The staff very nicely changed my room to a double when I checked in. If I hadn't wanted to do that, the process would probably only taken 2 minutes. As it was, check out took less than 30 seconds!

The hotel was a little tricky to find at night, and the view and surroundings are not attractive, but for my purposes, it was great value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2010

My parents and I stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Wilkes Barre for my son's graduation from Wilkes University. From the very beginning of the reservation process, they were extremely helpful. Our plans changed a bit, and the people at the front desk were always gracious and accomodating. Each time they saw us, they asked how the graduation went & congratulated us. Bonnie at the front desk is a mother hen to everyone - I hope the hotel management knows & appreciates what a gem they have in her.

Our room was very spacious - a one bedroom for my parents and a pull-out sofa bed for me. It was your average sofa-bed - not the most comfortable - but served the purpose. We had a kitchen with everything except an oven, which made it great for helping my daughter-in-law prepare food for the graduation party. The bare essentials are in the kitchen area, so I was very glad I had thought to bring along mixing bowls, spatulas, knives, etc. The bathroom was roomy and CLEAN, which is always a big point for my Mom & me. We had 1 issues with the toilet, but a quick plunge & everything was back to normal.

I was very pleasantly surprised that it is as quiet as it is considering it's basically a residence for long-term guests. We had 1 night when the guys across the hall were a little rowdy, but it was Friday night, so I couldn't complain too much.

Overall, this was a wonderful experience with a great staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family