Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Melody Motel(Wilkes-Barre)
View Hotel
All reviewsice makerfront deskbooked last minutea pet friendly hoteloatmealother hotelsbathroom floorhousekeeping staffbed was very comfortableesadishwasherchainsoapaccommodationswilkescasino
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2012

After reading reviews, we hesitantly decided to try it. Was very impressed upon entering the room. It is a suite in that there is a full kitchen with dishes and cookware, Sofa and chair, a large desk with a computer chair on each side but all in one room. This was located close to the interstate and was in an area where there was much available (shopping and restaurants). The room was very clean. They are not equipped to provide breakfast, but do offer some Otis Spunkmeyer single wrapped muffins and bagels and some fresh fruit and coffee. They offer ammenities such as a shaver, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste at no extra cost. There is soap, shampoo and hairdryer. We were happy with our overnigh stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I specifically reserved a night at this hotel because they had a 2 bedroom suite available, when other hotels had 1 bedroom suites with 2 doubles or queens. It's very difficult to sleep with our 3 year old in the same room. Exhaustedly we showed up and were told that our ONE bedroom suite with ONE bed was ready for us. I checked my confirmation to make sure I hadn't made an error, nope...the confirmation was for a 2 bedroom suite. I was told that "something happens sometimes" when reserving a room (on their own website by the way). I was never called or emailed about the change. I was assured that at least it would be less money, which isn't really any consolation when dealing with a cranky overtired toddler. The room itself is fine and the front desk was as helpful as I guess they could be, but I will never stay here again due to the bait and switch of rooms.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilkes-Barre - Hwy. 315, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel, and I will say that while it is not fancy, it serves its purpose. The kitchenette area was very helpful in saving money, and the location was ideal. The front desk girl was very helpful with directions, and had a very friendly demeanor altogether. I believe her name was Kaitlyn. She was very friendly toward my kids, and helpful in choosing from the complimentary DVDs. The morning breakfast is nothing special, but I did enjoy the coffee and muffins. All in all, I will say it was a good deal for the price, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: no pool or restaurant, fitness center is pretty bad.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa D

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable; it sounds like we hit a homerun in your case!

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We are checking out from the hotel this morning and this hotel, though it needs updating on the inside, was comfortable and relatively clean. The bathroom could have been cleaner but we made do considering the fact that we were staying only one night here. The bathtub leaked at the base so everyone someone took a shower, the area around the bathtub would get wet. Front desk staff was very nice and professional. All in all, it was an okay experience, not sure if we'll stay here again if we're in the area but we got a decent deal when we booked it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I stayed at the Extended Stay for two nights. I got a great rate via Priceline but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel. The room was very large and had full size refridgerator, stovetop, microwave and dishwasher, which was great when traveling with a young child. . The bathroom was huge for a hotel! The room was a bit dated, but it was very clean. Bathroom was spotless and shower pressure was excellent. The windows were able to open and the fan worked great to cool the room. There was even a DVD player and you could borrow DVDs for free from the desk. The TV had a lot of channels.

There weren't any of the special amenities. You have to ask the desk if you need shampoo and they only clean once a week. If you want clean towels every day, you have to go to the desk and exchange them. The dishes they provide in the cupboard were a bit dirty, but I would have washed them again anyway to be safe. My one major complaint was that Priceline advertised this hotel as having free breakfast, but there wasn't even coffee at the desk in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Wilkes Barre - Highway 315. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.