“Clean and comfy”

Host Inn All Suites Hotel
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I stayed here for two nights in June 2011 and found it to be acceptable to me as a business trip. I had a big suite with a full kitchenette and the beds were very comfy. Free breakfast was not particularly great but it was passable....front desk staff nice and helpful.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 June 2011

We have always found the staff friendly and on the ball. The rooms are generally clean and fresh smelling. On occasion we have had a room that isnt as fresh as we would have liked, but they quickly gave us a new room. The complimentry breakfast is nothing special, but reliable and clean. We always come with our dog and find the grounds welcoming for pets yet not filled with poop.. The pool & spa are clean and I have only found the spa unfit once in all my stays here. I miss the outdoor pool that was removed when they built the new hotel on the property. But all and all i find the Host Inn to be a good value.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you continue to visit our hotel. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2011

We have stayed at the host inn about 5 times thus far. I think one of the major problems with this hotel is the lack of attention you receive from the staff, the front desk clerks seems to know very little, and seem to dismiss concerns you may have right off the bat. I also know that the rooms need to be updated with newer furnitire, the room we just stayed in had a bad odor coming from the furniture. I think that some money should be invested into this hotel to make your stay more worthwhile, the current owner an indian man doesnt seem to put any money into updating the decor of the rooms. I FOUND THE SLEEP INN in dunmore about 20 minutes away to be far nicer and cleaner and more friendly than the host inn for less money. The host inn is not the same as it was in the beginning for us, the staff needs to be better trained and more receptive to costumer issues. wake up host inn or you will lose big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
asr18702, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2011

We appreciate your feedback as we continue to strive for excellence. We're currently undergoing renovations to improve our image as the demand for hotel rooms increase. Although you've had some concerns with staffing, we continue to get positive reviews on how their one of the best in the area. Again, I appreciate your honest feedback and I hope to see you return.

Reviewed 11 October 2010

Columbus had an easier time finding the New World than we had finding the Host. The GPS kept saying we'd arrived, but we could neither see it nor find it. We gave up and called the place. Turns out there are three hotels and a restaurant--Quality Inn, Fairfield Inn, the Host, and a TGIF--sharing this same lot (at quite a busy intersection). The Host itself is not visible from the street and its rather measly sign (underneath a BIG Quality Inn sign) doesn't help matters. But, yay, we made it to our non-smoking suite--and it smelled. Mostly in the kitchen and doorway area, but it was unmistakably stale-smelling. We opened all the windows and went out, but upon pur return there was no improivement. It hit you sooon as you walked in. It wasn't a gross smell or a smoking smell, it was just a lingering staleness in the air, like the inside of an old closet full of winter coats awaiting the dry cleaners. Speaking of that, the cleaning effort was poerfunctory. Yes, it was vacuumed and clean. but there was dirt between the kitchen tiles, and the rugs could stand a steaming or shampooing. The walls has stains, the living room furniture was worn and--like the carpet and kitchen--clean but not clean. You wanted your mother, figuravtively speaking, to show up with a bucket of soapy water and a scrub brush. There was no floor molding, so the carpets met the walls in a haphazard way, lending a Travids Bickle quality to the surroundings. The bed itself was more than satisfactory, and the night's sleep was excellent once you got over the "Eyeww!":factor. And the bathroom towels are a pastel shade of green--sorry, we like our towels white and chlorine-bleached, thank you. The service was friendly and professional, but no, we won't be be going back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2010

I cannot say enough of how much we enjoyed and appreciated this suites hotel as we stopped on our way home to VA from Boston. Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean, the extra living, eating, kitchen room was so nice. Equipped with dishes and even a dishwasher! Breakfast was fine. The staff was helpful and friendly. The whole atmosphere was like a beautiful country house. We hope to go back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gerberjl
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Reserved a jacuzzi suite for my husband, three children, and myself and was told there would be a pull out couch for my 2 sons to sleep in and a rollaway crib for my daughter. Checked in and lugged my 3 children and our baggage to the room. Walked in the room to find a full kitchen, king size bed, tv, and a jacuzzi crammed into a very small room, no pull out couch. My husband and I walked down to the front desk asked about the pull out couch. The girl asks me if I'm sure there is not a couch. Then she calls the manager and he tells her he can bring up 1 twin size rollaway bed. First off 2 boys are not going to fit on a rollaway bed and there was no way a rollaway bed and rollaway crib would fit in that small room. They didn't have another room available so my husband and I had to load up out children and luggage and search for another hotel. They did not apologize and as we were walking out the manager says to the desk clerk oh I guess they don't want to stay with us. For $150 plus tax a night I am not going to have my children crammed into a tiny room and sleep on a twin size cot together. I would think that they should know how many people a room can sleep. The manager was extremely rude and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. All rooms are not suites as they claim.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank mommyof2boys1girl
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We just stayed here last night. First, I agree with EMBguy that the on-line reservation system doesn’t work, and I had to book it with expedia (same price). It’s a new facility, on the same site as an older Quality Inn, TGI Fridays and Fairfield Suites. It’s located on a main business street in Wilkes Barre, with many chain restaurants and a shopping mall within a few minutes drive. Our suite was clean and a good size, with a great view of the valley and mountains beyond. The bathroom had a shower only, no tub, but the water pressure was incredible. The staff were all friendly. The breakfast was more than the usual continental buffet, with waffles and microwavable Jimmy Dean bacon biscuits. It has a very nice exercise room and a good sized indoor pool and hot tub, which was the main reason we booked this place. The problem is that the pool area was totally overrun with unsupervised unruly kids (apparently staying at the Quality Inn next door), who were loud, and behaving badly and unsafely. We did notify the front desk, who promised to call a manager over to take care of it, but we never went back, and this did negatively impact our stay. I guess this isn't their fault, but be warned they apparently do share facilities with the run down (and larger) adjacent Quality Inn. If this hadn't happened, I would probably have rated this place as the best hotel in the Wilkes Barre/White Haven area.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank NJtravel099
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for your response. I'm glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. We hope to see you return.