“Good value suite”

Host Inn All Suites Hotel
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This all suite hotel has a very nice appearance and suites are large, clean and reasonably equipped. The walls are thin though, and noise from adjacent areas can be bothersome. This hotel is on the same lot as the Fairfield Inn and the Quality Inn so the biggest draw back to this property is limited parking. Be aware the entrance is right at the traffic light in front of the Quality Inn. It boasts a modest complimentary breakfast and indoor pool and only a short distance from the Mohegan Sun casino at Pocono Downs. There are several restaurant choices and shopping. nearby.

in

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank C
Anthony R, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

It is truly rewarding to receive your positive feedback. Thanks again for taking the time to express your positive experiences and we hope to see you again !!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed in this suite for more than a month. That was in July 2010 to Sep. I am jsut recalling my sweet days in USA. I take this opportunity to thank the staff who supported us a lot. I forgot the names, but remeber only Jose the cab driver. All the drivers were supportive, other staff helped us with smile.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms from where you can see the city. In the evening when sun is settling down u will ha...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Anthony R, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Hello and Thank you for your feedback. Its great to hear about your stay and hope you return soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel was great except for the carpet, which had several stains on it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again, but in a room that had no stains in the carpet.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank your for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness of the carpet. I have notified housekeeping and the issues has been correctly. We look forward to your next visit to Wilkes Barre.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Yep! We tried the hotel again, even after a less than satisfactory stay the last time - only because we needed a room quickly, due to my mom's funeral, and they happen to have rooms that fit families well.

We arrived late and absolutely exhausted from an emotional day and as a previous reviewer stated, the check-in desk was empty. We actually found an employee sitting in the dining room watching TV.

When someone arrived at the desk, I mentioned to him that our last stay was not very good and he was cordial enough and wished us better luck this time.

On to our room...mind you, we have three children with us! We walked into the room and almost choked due to the smell of smoke. In their defense, I do not remember whether I requested non-smoking, but it seemed that someone had just left the room and had a smoke before they left - which also means the room could not have been cleaned (or the staff sneaks a smoke in the rooms!).

We trudge back down to the desk and request another room - sans smoke. The comment from the front desk was, "We only have 1 non-smoking King bed suite left. I've had problems with this room in the past, but I just think the guest was too picky." I asked what he meant and he said "It smelled like smoke too." Lovely.

2nd room...stale smell of smoke, but certainly not as bad. Once we turned on the air, it seemed to clear up a bit. The employee who brought up extra pillows commented "I don't know what he told you, but this is a smoking room." We had to finnagle the couch cushions on top of the pull out bed so my girls could actually sleep on it. We were just so tired, I couldn't even think about switching rooms again.

Next morning, we found a dog biscuit in the chair (not searching for stuff - it was visible)

I will say, the breakfast was better this time, but it's not enough to absolutely change my mind that we will not stay here again. Rates are great, but my money would be better spent getting two adjoining rooms at another hotel that doesn't share it's staff with another hotel.

The importance of customer service is not a priority at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

I'd like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I consider feedback, whether positive or negative, an important tool to improve the overall guests experience at the hotel and maintain our award winning status.

After speaking with the staff involved I want you to know the appropriate action has been taken to hopefully prevent this type of problem in the future.

I'd like to take it a step further and make things right. I can only hope you'll give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Arrived at 2:00 am with a guaranteed arrival and a reservation (through an online service) where I had been assured that there would be a separate room with a pullout sofa. I am an aunt who was traveling with my teenage nephew so I obviously needed something other than a one-bed room. When I arrived, there was no one in sight. I looked and called for ten minutes before a security person who was handling the desk finally arrived. He said I didn't have a reservation. When I explained my conversation when I called to verify the bed situation, he looked near the phone and found my reservation under other papers. But he apologized and said that he had just given my room away to another late arriving guest. I was unhappy but he assured me that I would have a king bed and a pull-out sofa in the room. After parking my car quite a distance away b/c there was no parking near the hotel, I went to my room to find my nephew as perplexed as I was to find the room had only a king-bed and a large hot tub in the bedroom. The room was full of lovely furniture that didn't fit b/c the tub took up so much room. Once the cot finally arrived, there was no room to walk in the room. In the morning, we discovered the absolutely worst continental breakfast I have ever experienced. The morning staff tried to get me to pay for the room that was already paid for, so my departure was delayed while they figured that out. The only good things I can say about this place is that the staff was nice, though clearly untrained and the place was clean.

Room Tip: The best tip I can give is to find somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry you had a less than pleasant experience while visiting our hotel. We know many people read reviews and take feedback from guests like you.

Since your stay, we have been working on the issues you mentioned and we would like the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Please think about giving us another try on your next visit to Wilkes-Barre. We’d like another chance to WOW you!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Big roomy suites, really nice carpet throughout hotel. When I checked in I was greeted by April and Jasmine. What a pleasure it was to meet these two young ladies. They handled my check in seamlessly. We chatted and they gave me a few pointers about the area and off I went, no wasted time at all. If the rest of the hotel comes close to the service I received from them, I will absolutely return! Artemas Beattie

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for choosing our Host Inn, Wilkes-Barre. We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I will pass along the positive feedback to both April and Jasmine. Please visit us again.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

When we showed up at the hotel, the front desk put us in a room that smelled of smoke as soon as we walked into the room. Back to the front desk for a quick response to a new room on the second floor. The room was very comfortable and clean (with the exception of a stain by the door). Breakfast was good with lots of options. Both young ladies at the front desk were just great. Always a smile.

Room Tip: The third floor would be quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple