“love this hotel”

Host Inn All Suites Hotel
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 4 July 2013

best hotel ive ever stayed at! rooms are large with a kitchen! living room is seperate from bedroom! they treat my dog so good and give him treats. They alsl have a fenced in area for dogs! also the staff is awesome and always very nice! wouldn't stay any where else in wilkes barre!!:)

• Stayed: June 2013
Anthony R, General Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We appreicate your praise and hope to have you stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Host Inn All Suites Hotel

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The front desk was helpful. The room was large, but not extravagent. Everything was better than i expected when I Booked it. I was extremely pleased. My safe did not work, which is the only thing that I found disappointing. I would gladly book this hotel again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mx998

Thank you for choosing our Host Inn for your recent stay in Wilkes-Barre. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

It is our goal to make every guest’s stay with us enjoyable, which is why your feedback is so important. Thank you for being honest about the quality of your stay with us, and I sincerely apologize for the safe not working.

We hope to see you again when visiting the Wilkes-Barre area.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Large room with kitchenette along with upgrade to jacuzzi suite. Clean, facilities about average. Friendly staff. Mediocre and typical "free" breakfast at best. I can't say there are any problems with the hotel, it's just the average room, albeit suite, found on the road these days.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our Host Inn for your recent stay in Wilkes-Barre. We appreicate your feedback and hope to see you in the near future.

We have since enchaced our breakfast and also added flat screen TV's to all rooms.

Again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again when visiting the Wilkes-Barre area.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I had to be in the area for a wedding, so I chose to stay at this hotel because they allowed pets. I stayed one night with my husband and two small dogs.

The room was a nice size and had a kitchen, but the carpet was dirty and the room had a bad smell that we couldnt get rid of. The room had not been well cleaned, there was dog hair all over the couch, an overflowing trash can under the sink in the bathroom area, and one of my dogs kept picking dried ramen noodles out of the carpet.

I suspect we were put in the "dog" room since we were traveling with our dogs, so the other rooms might be in better shape. Still, I have stayed in many hotels with my pets, and none of them were this dirty or smelly.

There was a $20 per dog per night pet fee, which I was not told about when I reserved the room. So it ended up being an expensive stay for a not so nice room. I was disappointed. I will avoid this hotel in the future, and would advise others to do the same if they are traveling with a pet!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WMC20
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We spent an extended period of time at the Host Inn due to temporary work in the area. The first thing I will say is this hotel would be excellent if the ownership was willing to put some money into updating a thing or two. TV's and towels/linens would be the first area I would suggest improvement.

Every room is a suite (extended stay type), so you'll be equipped with a kitchen no matter what.

The location is excellent, right off of 390 and 83. Directly across (walking distance) from the Wyoming Valley Mall. TGI Fridays is attached to one of the sister hotels, and there are plenty more restaurants within minutes of driving.

The laundry is expensive, $2.00 per load. When you are staying here for an extended period it gets to be a bit much.

The staff is all excellent, from the moment we got there to the many months after we left they were wonderful. If we needed anything at all they were extremely helpful.

One of the reasons we choose host was because they accept pets. There is no great area to do dog walking around the property, however there is a courtyard near the Quality Inn and a dog run at the side of the hotel.

If you don't mind the sound of the highway, request a room that faces the valley. The views are spectacular from the second and third floor!

All in all the Host Inn was perfect for our short term living arrangements and we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We needed a suite the night before graduation and thought this would be ideal. The staff is some of the friendliest we have ever met! As most other reviews it is a little difficult to find but once you're there it has a pleasant appearance outside and in the lobby. The breakfast area has an awesome view of the valley and the buffet is sufficient. The rooms are spacious and although we didn't need a full kitchen it does add value to the room.

I would like to see a little more attention to details. The sofa bed cushion was very worn and torn in two places. When we retrieved the bedding for the sofa bed the only blanket honestly looked like stab holes in several places. We were happy to have a mattress pad, although the elastic corner attachments were ripped off because the mattress had a rather large disgusting stain on it. Other than the sofa bed issue and it's condition the room was very clean and in good shape.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back of the hotel, unfortunately ours faced the parking lot of the next hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I booked a room here through Hotwire, which is always risky. This was such a pleasant surprise, and certainly a Hotwire victory!

The lobby smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, which is always a bit concerning, but our room was clean and smoke free. The room was spacious and we had a beautiful view of the valley.

I would recommend getting the curved shower curtain rods or at least moving the rod out a bit as the shower curtain took over half the tub.

I loved the full kitchen and was happy to find it stocked with glasses, dishes, and a corkscrew!

I will definitely recommend this to others in the future! It was a very short drive to the Mohegan Sun Arena and area restaurants!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends