Columbus had an easier time finding the New World than we had finding the Host. The GPS kept saying we'd arrived, but we could neither see it nor find it. We gave up and called the place. Turns out there are three hotels and a restaurant--Quality Inn, Fairfield Inn, the Host, and a TGIF--sharing this same lot (at quite a busy intersection). The Host itself is not visible from the street and its rather measly sign (underneath a BIG Quality Inn sign) doesn't help matters. But, yay, we made it to our non-smoking suite--and it smelled. Mostly in the kitchen and doorway area, but it was unmistakably stale-smelling. We opened all the windows and went out, but upon pur return there was no improivement. It hit you sooon as you walked in. It wasn't a gross smell or a smoking smell, it was just a lingering staleness in the air, like the inside of an old closet full of winter coats awaiting the dry cleaners. Speaking of that, the cleaning effort was poerfunctory. Yes, it was vacuumed and clean. but there was dirt between the kitchen tiles, and the rugs could stand a steaming or shampooing. The walls has stains, the living room furniture was worn and--like the carpet and kitchen--clean but not clean. You wanted your mother, figuravtively speaking, to show up with a bucket of soapy water and a scrub brush. There was no floor molding, so the carpets met the walls in a haphazard way, lending a Travids Bickle quality to the surroundings. The bed itself was more than satisfactory, and the night's sleep was excellent once you got over the "Eyeww!":factor. And the bathroom towels are a pastel shade of green--sorry, we like our towels white and chlorine-bleached, thank you. The service was friendly and professional, but no, we won't be be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an all-suite property. We have full kitchens with a full refrigerator, microwave, dish washer, garbage disposal, stove(with oven), all of your utensils and pots and pans. It has a separate bedroom area and living room area. You can close off the door and have separate space. Our rooms are either 1 King Bed or 2 Double Beds with a pull out sofa. There is a dining room table as well as a work desk and DVD player in the living room. We have an indoor pool and hot tub, 24 Hour Fitness Center and a patio with BBQ grill. We are on the complex with TGI Friday's where you would receive a 10% discount. We also serve a hot complimentary breakfast 6:30-9:30am(10am on weekends)(omelets, waffles, sausage, bacon, yogurt, cereal, fruits, oatmeal etc). Our boardroom is 800 sq ft and it overlooks the valley with a large balcony. We are also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Host Inn All Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Host Inn And Residential Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Residential Inn
- Host Hotel And Residential