“Great for concerts.”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great for concerts.”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

As long as the sound crew doesn't overdo the volume, it really sounds good here. Just saw American Idiot the other day and it sounded awesome. Saw Alice Cooper a few weeks ago, and it sounded like crap. Alice was great, tho. I like center mezzanine, if I can get it. Floor is OK, if you're in the front third or so. I always go for upstairs.

Visited March 2014

Wilkes Barre
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have just recently started going to this theatre even though I have lived close to it all of my life. Now that I have found this gem, I feel like I will continue to visit it as frequently as possible. I have seen several concerts and other shows here over the last few months. There isn't a bad seat in the house. The sound was excellent. The stage was nicely located. The ushers are wonderful. Security was on the ball. The prices of some of the concessions was a little pricey, but that is to be expected for this type of venue. I would like to see some other types of shows come to this facilty. There is not always preformers that I would be interested in seeing at this site. Overall, it is a nice place. Parking can sometiems be an issue, but it is in the middle of the city. There are parking garages local, but some of them can be a little shady.

Visited February 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wonderful place!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Drove up here from Philly to see Trombone Shorty and Orleans Ave. Beautiful old theater, wonderfully restored. Sound and acoustics where excellent. Comfortable seats. A big tall guy came in and sat down in front of me, he sunk so much in the cushy chair that I had no trouble seeing over his head. Had nice conversations with ushers, Dorothy in particular, who told me all the ushers are volunteers and the place used to be a movie theater in the '30s'. She used to go on dates in the place and "smooch" in the back. Loved her and the place. Great venue to see a show.

Visited January 2014
Wilkes-Barre, PA
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Some good, some bad”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Decent venue for entertainment. Sound system needs either better operators or work on the system itself. Seating comfortable, with no pillars to block view. Finding a parking spot not always easy - no adjacent lots.

Visited December 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Always a Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I travel to the Kirby Center often for different shows, and it is a beautiful and very comfortable venue. It's so nice to watch shows in a setting like this rather than a large arena.

Visited December 2013