“Nice venue, excellent show” 5 of 5 bubbles

F. M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts
Long Island City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice venue, excellent show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The place is comfortable, well managed, clean and pretty. The show we saw was hiliarious Red Green Stand up

Visited April 2014

Hazleton, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Concert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Recently saw a Jimi Hendrix tribute at the Kirby Center. Aside from the lack of enough bathrooms, it really is a great venue to see a show. It has a nostalgic feel which went well with this particular show. I will be watching for future shows at this venue.

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Not a bad seat in the house!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We adore the F.M. Kirby Center! It is nostalgic, beautiful and a well maintained gem of Wilkes-Barre, Pa. Honestly, there is not a bad seat anywhere, tickets are always affordable and the ushers are so helpful and I love the red jackets. The Kirby Center hosts all types of entertainment from the Opra to comedians and top performers, musicals and anythign else you can imagine.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ann M
Somewhere, USA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great for concerts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

As long as the sound crew doesn't overdo the volume, it really sounds good here. Just saw American Idiot the other day and it sounded awesome. Saw Alice Cooper a few weeks ago, and it sounded like crap. Alice was great, tho. I like center mezzanine, if I can get it. Floor is OK, if you're in the front third or so. I always go for upstairs.

Visited March 2014
Wilkes Barre
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have just recently started going to this theatre even though I have lived close to it all of my life. Now that I have found this gem, I feel like I will continue to visit it as frequently as possible. I have seen several concerts and other shows here over the last few months. There isn't a bad seat in the house. The sound was excellent. The stage was nicely located. The ushers are wonderful. Security was on the ball. The prices of some of the concessions was a little pricey, but that is to be expected for this type of venue. I would like to see some other types of shows come to this facilty. There is not always preformers that I would be interested in seeing at this site. Overall, it is a nice place. Parking can sometiems be an issue, but it is in the middle of the city. There are parking garages local, but some of them can be a little shady.

Visited February 2014