1,448 results
All reviews window seat front desk waffles upgraded to a suite close to mohegan sun casino queen bed hard boiled eggs room was clean hot tub waffle maker continental breakfast stay there again a great stay staff was friendly one night stay very nice hotel the breakfast area
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Brand new, well equipped hotel close to Mohegan Sun Casino/Pocono Downs. We had a great little suite with King bed, little couch and breakfast bar area. Limited breakfast included. Con would be its location amongst construction and proximity to highway (although I don't remember much highway noise)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

we stayed here for one night on our way to Boston. Microtel is Wyndhams lower tier hotel similar to Marriotts Fairfield. There ends the comparison.The hotel was clean and new. all the furnishings were cheap bed was comfortable. breakfast was barebones, nothing hot like all the other hotels are going too. I think they charge to much for this hotel a lot of other Microtel's are much cheaper whats so hot about Wilkes Barre. The 3 stars are for cleanliness and a new building.

Date of stay: June 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I am a Wyndham rewards member and try to stay at Wyndham properties when I travel if I can. Usually I am very pleased, but I was not with this hotel. The hotel itself looks nice, but I did not get any sleep for two nights because of the traffic noise from I-81 outside of my room. I would suggest to anyone considering this hotel to book a room on the front side of the hotel!

Room tip: Do NOT stay on the back side of the hotel - all you hear all night is truck traffic from I-81 !!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Vince N, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We would have been happy to relocate your room to a front facing room if the staff was made aware of the issue with the road noise. We look forward to seeing you during another visit to the area and please let us know if there are any special room requests you have and we will gladly make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband & I stayed here for one night because we wanted to go to the casino. We were lucky to find a room so close to the casino as every motel in the area within our price range was sold out on the night we needed. Needless to say, we ended up with a handicap accessible room since that was all that was left. That was fine with us. A large room, very clean, comfortable beds. Since this hotel is pretty new, everything is still nice & fresh. Anyway. we stayed up a little late at the casino that night & missed the breakfast the next day a few minutes after it ended. Heather, one of the staff, offered to get us something to eat. We appreciated that very much. She was so kind & went out of her way to get us some breakfast. Also, Cat, the desk clerk was kind & helpful, along with Celeste, another staff member. We highly recommend this motel & will stay there again when in the area visiting the casino.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The pool was enjoyable . Hot tub was nice. I can see why its called microtel. But the rate wasn't to bad to have the pool so not to many complaints

• Trip type: Travelled with family