“Great Food, Great Staff!”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #32 of 277 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Connecticut
“Great Food, Great Staff!”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We were so happy here! Food came out hot and fresh, waitresses were accommodating. Great price for all the food we had!

Visited August 2011

Lakeland, Florida
“garbage”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

what a dissapointment! i should have never wasted my time or money. went there when they opened and the amount of dirty tables and dirt under the tables was disgusting. food was a joke, you can get better chicken parm from a supermarket. for a restaurant chain that promotes real italian food from italy, they must mean the ghettos or slum part of the country. go to russells in dunmore for real service and food.

• Visited July 2011
Binghamton, NY
“You must be kidding me.”
Reviewed 8 September 2008

I have been to several Olive Garden restaurants, and since it is one of my favorites, my boyfriend and I dined at the one in Wilkes-Barre this past weekend. The service wasn't great, our server was sat with 3 tables all at one time, us being the first (thankfully). The salad and breadsticks took about 20 minutes to get to our table, and the salad was dry. But we didn't have time to ask for more dressing, because our meals came out about 5 minutes later. Oh well. My boyfriend ordered the tour of Italy, which comes with lasagna. When we saw the lasagna, we both thought it looked odd. It just didn't appear to be as tall, like maybe they served him just the top 2 layers. When he began eating it, he noticed that they had stacked two cheese ravioli's on top of eachother, and covered it with meat sauce and cheese!!!! It wasn't lasagna at all and we were paying $16.00 for two ravioli's?? You must be kidding me. My boyfriend and I are both easy going, so we laughed and called the manager over who went into the kitchen to speak with the cook. Apparently they were running low on the lasagna (at 7:00 pm on a saturday...) lol. After all that, they replaced his meat sauce and ravioli with a large portion of delicious lasagna.

3 Thank nikkilynn13903
Poconos
“Not Bad for a Chain Restaurant”
Reviewed 31 March 2008

5 members of my family dined here recently and it was okay for the most part. The salad, as always, was a highlight - we ate until the huge bowl was empty. My stuffed chicken marsala was very tasty - the chicken was tender and juicy. The kids loved the mac-n-cheese but were not crazy about the pizza. One sister ordered the portobello ravioli and it was very badly freezer burned - we couldn't believe they actually served it. As a replacement, she ordered the dish I had. The manager stopped by but didn't offer anything more than an apology to make up for this - most restaurants would either comp the individual's meal or offer a dessert, or even give a discount coupons for the next visit, but my sister was charged the full price of the replacement meal, which was several dollars more than the one she'd initially wanted. Still, she enjoyed what she finally ended up with. I will return, but it will be for the soup/salad lunch - the sausage-potato soup is delicious.

Northeast PA
“There are a 100 better Italian Restaurants around here”
Reviewed 23 January 2006

...take it from a native. This OG is no worse than any other, but you'd be missing out on lots of homemade secret recipes.