“Food and Service: mediocre”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #106 of 276 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittston, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food and Service: mediocre”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The food is normally good, but service isn't always. A family with a bulldog (not a seeing eye dog) was allowed to enter the restaurant and no manager was there to escort them out. This was during the Hurricane Irene coverage and the 100 televisions they had, no one was able to find the Weather Channel, but did find local weather. That isn't the big trouble. The mashed potatoes taste like pancake batter, but the steak is always good. Once in a blue moon, one will have a nerve.

• Visited September 2011

Pennsylvania
“LEARN TO MAKE A SALAD, BEST FAJITAS”
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Well, it's an Applebee's and most are the same I guess.
I do wish I could enjoy their salads but, just a bed of lettuce, nuts, crunchy bits and a trickle of onions, with a bit of chicken breast can't really be called a salad, whatever happened to tomatoes, celery, radish, peppers, green onions etc.,
My friends seem to enjoy Applebees so I just go along for the company, it is never my choice for my husband and I unless we fancy Fajitas, then they are the best I have had in this area.
The staff are o.k but some look as though they have just got out of bed, more so here than any other Restaurant in the area.
Basically, it's just an o.k place.