“What a great place to eat - Who would think?”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #67 of 293 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We don't often go to Applebee's because we don't have one close to home. This was a great experience for my grand kids and my wife and I. The serving staff was very attentive and friendly. The menu had a great number of choices and was priced reasonably. I had lemon shrimp fettuccine (Seared plump shrimp seasoned with citrus notes on fettuccine tossed in a roasted garlic cream sauce and topped with artichokes, lemon zest, bruschetta and our Parmesan cheese blend.) Two entrees for $11.99 so much that I took one home, it was excellent. My wife had a chicken sandwich with fries, her sandwich was very good, but she thought the fries were excellent. The children ordered from the kids' menu; the portions were generous and they finished everything. Average price of a kids menu item was $3.
I said the staff was attentive and friendly, that is really an understatement. Neal the on duty manager came to our table, he was so friendly to our grandchildren. It was their birthdays, he asked them each their names, where they lived, how old we're they. He gave each of them an ice cream Sunday and a reading program certificate. The staff sang Happy Birthday to them. Amanda the member of the wait staff who was attending to us was also very friendly and attentive. It made the day for our grandchildren, they talked about it all the way home. The whole experience was one that would make anyone want to return to this fine resturant. You could tell that the staff and the manager Neal got along well. It seemed that he treated his staff as well as he treated his customers. We will be certain to dine here again, when we are in Wilks-barre again!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We had friends visit the area from South Korea, as their daughter will be attending a college in the area. Lunchtime arrived, and we chose Applebee's for our friends. We could not have chosen a better place! Two in our party had salads, and they enjoyed them immensely! Three out of the four of us chose the French Onion soup, and all of us raved about it! The third chose an entree, and she was most pleased with her choice of steak. She indicated it was done to perfection! I chose the BLT sandwich, and it was great, lots of smoked bacon, fresh tomatoes and lettuce and melted American cheese to complete it. It was one of the best BLT sandwiches I've had! But the best part was that, once our server found out our friends were from out of the country, she went out of her way to make them feel welcome to America! Her name was Beth or Becky, I believe. We will certainly remember this great Applebee's when hosting visitors in the future! Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Great dinner wednesday night! Karaoke was great first time for us! Manager Neil took care of us!
ribs were awesome and boneless were delicious! Wine down wednesday is a unique thing great idea!! Great value for the dollar! Great ambiance! 80"s music was sang at karaoke! Great crowd! DJ chris was awesome! He had alot of songs! Again great visit to the bee!! We will be back.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We frequent Applebees in Wilkes Barre on occasion. I ordered the Oriental Chicken Salad while my friend ordered a Caesar Chicken Salad. When first presented, it looked appealing, however as you ate away, the (lettuce?) on the bottom of the salad changed from romaine to something reminiscent of uncut kale. I love garlic however the chicken in my salad had waaaaay too much. The salads appeared to be sufficient, unfortunately they built it up with garbage leaves! Our waitress, Beth, saved the day.

1  Thank gowfadi
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The oriental cniken salad is fantastic. Try the appitizer of pretzel sticks with cheese dip and honey mustard dip.