“It was nice”

The Woodlands Inn & Resort
Ranked #42 of 276 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“It was nice”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was fine. It could use new carpet throughout. The pool/hot tub is gross looking. I would not step foot in there. Everything else is fine. Outside bar was fun at night.

• Visited May 2014

New England
“An unexpected oasis”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My husband, nine-month-old baby, and I stayed at the Woodlands Inn before the last day of a long car trip. We were exhausted and were pleasantly surprised by how calming and quiet the Woodlands was. Our well-appointed room overlooked the woods (with a nice walking trail) and a small creek). The amenities were also nice: free breakfast, coupons to the two on-site restaurants, and a $5 drink voucher. We would have tried out the pool with the little one if we had arrived earlier, but we'll have to save that for our next trip through.

Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
“Surprised by this property!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights while accompanying my husband to Wilkes Barre Pa for business. The hotel is decorated beautifully. It is warm and inviting! The front desk always have a smile for you as well as coupons for free buffet breakfast, % off dining and spa. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy with plenty to pillows in a variety of plushness. The rooms have Keureg brewers! The amenities are nice with a coconut and mango scent. Be aware the floors in the bathroom and shower are VERY VERY slick. My two year old couldn't stand in the shower. So just be careful when entering and exiting the shower. The balcony door didn't lock and the security bar was detached from the wall and couldn't be used. Some of the rungs on the patio railing were loose or missing. This was dangerous for kids who wanted to play on the patio. The grounds are heavily wooded in the courtyard but well maintained. The pool is large, but the water was murky and had dead ants floating in it. The hot tub is HUGE. Great temperature and lots of jets and seating areas. But again the water was a bit dirty with dead ants floating and dirt on the bottom of the tub. The pool and hot tub areas could use some TLC. The dining options that we used were Crescenzo's and Shogun. Crescenzo's. "wood oven pizza"...don't get too excited the wood oven is actually just a gas flame with a fake log. The pizza crust is a shell instead of hand made pizza crust that you cmight expect to find at wood fire pizza place. The service was mediocre, only two tables in the restaurant and the food came out with mistakes or it took them 10 minutes to acknowledge that you are there. The servers should also know that the patrons can hear their conversations. The Free breakfast buffet was just okay, an assortment of pastries, eggs, sausages and waffles. I would not have been satisfied with the buffet had we not had the free coupon. Shogun was excellent. The staff were attentive and caring. The hibachi chef was entertaining and my two and three year olds cleaned theIr plates!! Overall this hotel is great, with little improvements it would be EXCELLENT. I certainly would stay here again and recommend it to people. But I might dine off property next time.

• Visited May 2014
“Overnight stay ”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed over nite we booked it cause we were going to a concert at the moghean sun. We were so surprised that the inn was so nice and had so much to offer. The staff was so nice and eager to please. We will definitely will be back for a couple of night stay. It has a couple of restaurants , a club and lounge that has bands on the weekends. Definitely worth going to.

Bergenfield, New Jersey
“Best Resort in town”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I stayed there over the weekend for my anniversary/Wife birthday, I had the best time in this resort, can not even express How happy I was with their service. I could not believe the whole staff was very helpful, went beyond every time I need their help. I especially wanted to say thank you to Mrs. Melinda, Who really helped to make our day memorable. I requested Melinda to transfer me to different room since I wanted to give my wife surprise, She upgraded me to Junior Suite without charging me extra and also offered me her help to decorate the room. They had two restaurant in Resort, both offered great service and Food I wish every hotel I go to, I could get the same treatment. I travel a lot and based on my experience, It is all come down to Service each Hotel provide and How satisfied you are with their service. you could be staying the best hotel in the world if they don't satisfy you with their service or go beyond to meet your need. you would never be satisfied, In this case, I was really satisfied and I will definitely recommend this resort to everyone. I will be going there in Summer again

• Visited January 2014