“Nice”
Review of Mohegan Sun Pocono

Mohegan Sun Pocono
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here recently. The room was clean, a nice size & the bed was comfy. It was not a luxurious as some other casino hotels but it was nice. The front desk staff was helpful. We had an ipad in the room. Breakfast options were limited. The valet service was excellent and was it was free! We really enjoy this casino so we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maypag
There are newer reviews for Mohegan Sun Pocono

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Whoever says this place sucks must be severely confused. My husband and i stay at a ton of places and this hotel is in the top 5. Very modern looking, clean, comfy bed, awesome shower, good view, iPad in the room. Only thing is that the room didn't have a fridge and the bathroom door was wavy seethrough glass which could be awkward for some people. Casino was great. Good atmosphere, nice dealers, free coffee, water, and draft beers, no free mixed drinks. Had $5 tables. Everyone was so friendly. They had a fire pit too! And we only paid $150 for the room including taxes. Do NOT eat at the steakhouse. Wayyy overpriced! Not great quality.

Room Tip: We got the standard king room and it was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teagan C
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We almost passed this casino/hotel by based on reviews posted and I am so glad we did not.The service was great in the restaurant,waitress was very friendly.The casino is lovely with plenty of slots. We played wherever we chose to play. I found the slots I played to pay off enough that I played for 4 hrs and lost no money.
Rooms are beautiful and beds are wonderfully comfortable.I think those who have had unfortunate experiences should give it another try.
Wish we could have stayed another night or two but we were time lmited.

2  Thank Kathy1725raintree
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I really have no complaints about this hotel. It is new, so the rooms are modern, clean, and comfortable, and the hotel staff are friendly and helpful. That being said, however, I think it is a little overpriced, especially for the area where the hotel is located. The only convenience for staying at the Casino's hotel is that you can walk right into the casino. If you are not comped the room for playing, I would suggest staying at some of the hotels within close proximity. You will get the same kind of room at a much lower price, and most of those hotels provide free shuttle service to the casino.

Again, our room was very nice, but I think we paid a little too much for it.

3  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I must be honest, when I first read some of the comments I was hesitant but honestly the Saturday night stay was one of the best we've had. Equal to the Revel in AC but quieter. Made reservation three days before date so I wasn't sure what we would get. Bed was soft and high (which I was told could be lowered if someone had a problem getting on it), motion lights to enter the bathroom (which don't need to turn on every time you walk by or move by simply closing the door a bit), clean bathroom, sofa and bar area (we were upgraded to a suite). Check in was fast and courteous (Keith was a doll), quick bell service (thank you Roger and Phil), and good tv options for the later night hours. Restaurants were plenty although the wait for long so book ahead. I really cannot complain about anything at all. You have certainly worked out any issues you may have had upon opening. Nice place, nice people and we will definitely see you again! Thank you.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor furthest from the elevator. We had Room 643 which was at the end of t...
1  Thank redburgundy6969
MoheganSun_PA, Manager at Mohegan Sun Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for the feedback and for taking the time to write a review. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just went to the Sapphire spa and had the best facial of my life! The hotel was amazing and the beds are super comfy! Wish I was still there!!! Staff was out of this world. Made my experience incredible.

Room Tip: Every room is great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tammie C
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I received 3 comp nights at the hotel, so my husband and I decided to take advantage of the offer. Although the hotel is new, there are many issues.....some that could be fixed and some not. There was only 1 elevator working for our entire stay. This is a fixable issue, but we were told that the company sold them a "lemon" and it was always breaking down. Check in was smooth as we were the only ones. When I inquired about having a card from CT and PA, I was told that they are not connected as of yet. The room itself is small and the bed is very high....yes, run and leap. There is no refrigerator. Ice machine on every floor, though. The walls are paper thin. You can hear everything and we did. The doors to the room slam instead of a soft close making it extremely noisy. Heating and A/C are controlled by thermostat. Even the staff had difficulty setting the fan...extremely frustrating Maid service was average. We enjoyed the restaurants (Rustic Kitchen and Wolfgang Puck). Betty and Joe's has excellent coffee. The buffet has drastically lower quality food since the last time we visited....sandy mussels, poor selection, etc. Unfortunately, the restaurant quality is inconsistent. As far as the casino is concerned, there are many slots....some new and some old favorites. Payouts were weak. The staff at MS went out of their way to help, but they are in over their heads. Maybe some issues will be resolved, but we do not plan to return any time soon. If you are looking for a good hotel and casino in PA, I would recommend Mt. Airy.

Room Tip: 5th floor is all smoking.
5  Thank tjld123