“It wasnt as good as it used to be.”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #56 of 284 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

What a disappointment. Evening out with my lady, to what is usually our favorite chain restaurant. We ordered a meal we have had before and was delicious. She commented it tasted soapy. I didn't notice, but I did notice the bad service.

There are newer reviews for Red Lobster

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Had only one request for my Father's Day treat, dinner at Red Lobster. Will never go to this restaurant again, for any reason. There was no waiting for a table (probably a sign of things to come).
Our main course meals were delivered to the table by a server different from the one who took our order. OK, so maybe he was "busy" with another order. When brought to our table we received a polite warning that the dishes were hot. Unfortunately, the dishes were the only things hot. Everything on my dish, including a side serving of another lobster and my wife's dish were cold. My lobster, shrimp, scallops, rice and vegetable were all cold, but the dish itself was warm. My wife's stuffed flounder and vegetable were cold. I had the waiter return the food to the kitchen for replacements, not just a "reheating" because that would only rubberize all the seafood. The manager came to apologize stating that the server must have forgotten to pick up the order in a timely manner. When the new orders were served, the seafood was only moderately warm but the rice and vegetables were still cold. This time the manager claimed the steaming table was not working. The manager offered to have our meals "on him". As reasonable people we declined his offer because we simply do not take advantage like that. We did however accept his 50% discount on the meals. The last straw was when we had to ask our server for our debit card that he left in his apron pocket when he processed our payment. Red Lobster; done, done, done!

1  Thank CRLretired
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Every year for my birthday we hit up this Red Lobster and we are never disappointed. There were 7 of us- 5 adults and two kids. I called ahead because I wasn't sure how busy they would get on a Sunday afternoon and while they don't take reservations, they put you on what they call a "call ahead list." My boyfriend and I, along with the kids were seated right away and ended up waiting half an hour for the rest of the guests to arrive. The waitress was so kind and offered to put the kids orders in right away. She always made sure we were ok and made sure we were always supplied with those delicious cheddar biscuits. She brought out our soup in less than two minutes and came right back to our table as soon as she saw everyone else arrived. The food was as expected- everyone loved what they got. I ordered the crab linguine Alfredo and it was filled with sweet succulent crab chunks. Of course I only took a bite or two at the restaurant because I was full of biscuits and soup, but it tasted just as good heated up at home where I could enjoy it in my pajamas on my couch in front of a Gilmore Girl marathon :)
The price is fair for what you get. Drinks are a little pricey, but that should be expected at any chain restaurant.
Overall it is always a lovely affair heading to Red Lobster in Wilkes-Barre. Never a let down.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The last time I said it was the last time...and we went again. This Used to be our favorite restaurant - THE place we always went for birthdays and special occasions.
Last night my girlfriend and I went for just "a night out" - and lobster fest. My coupon for free appetizer with two dinner entrees and last night to use it -- so we decided to treat ourselves. I so wished we'd gone elsewhere.
Lobster artichoke dip Appetizer was below standard, and we were glad it was free - as we wouldn't have ordered - and wouldn't order again. (We loved their old artichoke dip and the soup we had last lobster fest was magnificent -- wish they had been on the menu this time.)
After ordering surf and turf - my steak came out well done - and got sent back. The manager came to see how it was (thinking I'd got the replacement...and I hadn't). Then we told her some of the other things we'd observed and the shoddy service. Yes, I got my dinner complimentary - but that really isn't the point.
When you go out for something special (lobster fest should be something special) -- you spend that kind of money ($37 per person, plus tip) and you leave disappointed. something is wrong and needs serious fixing.
Yes - we'll still go for "Shrimp Fest" because that is always awesome (so far), but the rest of just "eating out" and "special occasions" is not going to be at this restaurant. :-( and that makes me sad.

1  Thank Chip L
Reviewed 4 February 2014

What can I say, it's a chain, but the food is very good. And the service was great.

We had a larger party and our server didn't miss a beat!