“The Best: No one else comes close.”
Review of Katana

Katana
Ranked #31 of 286 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2013

So many places offer sushi and hibachi, but very few are authentically Japanese, Katana is authentic Japanese made by people who care about quality. If you are in the Wilkes-Barre area, there is no need to look elsewhere, Katana is the Best! No one else comes close. I like the cooked crab and asparagus sushi and the cooked shrimp sushi.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Food and service were very good. Portions sizes are above average and the taste was very good. My kids, 4 and 6, had a great time with the chef and asked when can they go back.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The server appeared to be nice as she chatted with us when we first got there and got our drinks right away. Then when our food started to arrive it came all at once except for my boyfriends entree. Soups, salads, apps, and rolls. Two of the apps were putrid and I wanted to send them back except our server never came back to see if everything was ok. Then there's the bus boy, We had no dishes or chopsticks so when we asked for them he said let me check, like he wasnt sure if he had them. When he asked if he could clear and wrap our apps I said no we didn't care for them at all (weren't touched) and he just dumped them in the bus bucket never told our server. Overall a terrible experience and we won't be going back.

3  Thank MrsLoq
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I should preface this that I have an emotional attachment to this place. It is the first place I ever ate sushi at, it is the place where I first got to know my wife and the place where I proposed to her. And I make a point of coming here whenever it is my birthday.

That being said, I have been to sushi restaurants all over the US, from New York and Philly to Vegas and LA, and none really come close to Katana.

The food is always fresh. My two favorite menu items,Garlic Tuna and American Roll, I have only found here.The service is always personable and efficient. And the menu is so extensive you'll have a hard time picking what you want because you'll be presented with so many good options.

I can't recommend Katana enough. It is simply terrific.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

The service was good as well as the sushi I ordered. The service was tentative and the food came out quick. The only thing I was disappointed in was they charge for soda refills which even bars give you free refills on drinks.

1  Thank Dragons30