“Friendly staff, excellent food, soothing atmosphere”
Review of Katana

Katana
Ranked #47 of 287 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our daughter, Amanda, alerted us to this marvelous restaurant. My daughter even has a special sushi roll the staff makes her by her NAME!! Very friendly and accommodating from the time you enter till the time you leave. Try it, I'm SURE you will like it and tell Suzuki, the owner that "Amanda" sent you. He'll know who it is and you'll be treated well. Great place for sushi, soup, salad and deserts. Try it!!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We were looking for a restaurant for my daughter's birthday that could accommodate 12 people. We are from Scranton, but needed a restaurant in Wilkes-Barre since we had a swim meet in Dallas the same night. We couldn't have been happier with the experience! We were seated very quickly and our waitress was very attentive, especially being a large party. We ordered everything from cocktails, sushi and hibachi. But, what I thought was extra special was the hibachi chef. He made the night! He was great with everyone, especially my daughter, making us laugh and enjoy the evening. Food was great and service was exceptional!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

So many places offer sushi and hibachi, but very few are authentically Japanese, Katana is authentic Japanese made by people who care about quality. If you are in the Wilkes-Barre area, there is no need to look elsewhere, Katana is the Best! No one else comes close. I like the cooked crab and asparagus sushi and the cooked shrimp sushi.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Food and service were very good. Portions sizes are above average and the taste was very good. My kids, 4 and 6, had a great time with the chef and asked when can they go back.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The server appeared to be nice as she chatted with us when we first got there and got our drinks right away. Then when our food started to arrive it came all at once except for my boyfriends entree. Soups, salads, apps, and rolls. Two of the apps were putrid and I wanted to send them back except our server never came back to see if everything was ok. Then there's the bus boy, We had no dishes or chopsticks so when we asked for them he said let me check, like he wasnt sure if he had them. When he asked if he could clear and wrap our apps I said no we didn't care for them at all (weren't touched) and he just dumped them in the bus bucket never told our server. Overall a terrible experience and we won't be going back.

3  Thank MrsLoq