“Loving Mexican food?”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Loving Mexican food?”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

If you love Mexican food, this is the best restaurant in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton area. The table side Guacamole is a must try! The menu is big and the portions as well. We visit this restaurant on a regular basis and always enjoy it. Complaints? Well, the only thing I can think of it that the wait for a table can be pretty extensive, especially on weekends. Oh, the Margaritas are really good :-)

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank lisa l

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Best Mexican food in the area”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

What a fantastic place to eat. I go here a lot, especially for special occasions. Good is authentic and portions are large for the price. Service is great, all bilingual. Very good English though. Try the nacho cheese dip.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Josh P
Arizona
“La Tolteca - Wilkes Barre, PA”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Located very close to the mall and arena and Wilkes Barre, La Tolteca is good Mexican fare. Always crowded at the peak times, we find the best time to go is for a late lunch. The menu is massive and as soon as you are seated chips and salsa are delivered. Portions are fair (not huge) for what you pay. Good margaritas.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank southsideslick
West Pittston, Pennsylvania
“Yummy.......”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was only our second visit, but I know we will come back. The food is great, big portions. On this visit I felt a little rushed..... I guess our server wasn't very busy so she kept coming back to check our table, which made me feel rushed. Before I was finished I was asked if I needed a box, with fork still in hand. They are very well staffed and the place is clean. My only complaint is the booths seem a little close.... as far as table and seats, which can be somewhat uncomfortable when well endowed. If that's my only complaint....... I will take it!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank babs067
“Don't Change a Good Thing! ”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I have come here a dozen times and were excited to come again since it recently had to be renovated. The inside is beautiful! We were very disappointed though that they made changes to the menu. We also asked for lettuce to go with our fajitas (used to come with it) and they charge us three dollars for it. The service was also poor. We had to ask for plates and the servers English made it difficult to communicate. Next time we are in the area we will be less excited to visit this restaurant which used to be a regular.