“Great customer service.”

Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while traveling back home. we orginally stopped at a Best Western that was booked. We called this one and they were very helpful. The night clerk had our rooms ready when we got there. I.believe her name was Vilma. she was excellent. We would defknetly stay here again if we had a reason to.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have had several occasions to stay at Genetti's. This visit was family gathering for a memorial service. I did not realize I needed to make dinner reservations. There were nine of us. The staff quickly did everything they could, and the dinner was excellent. The Host made a special effort to speak with my aunt, our matriarch. I have never been disappointed when staying at Genetti's!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here during their "Rockin New Years Eve" event and couldn't have been happier. It was very convenient to have a room in the same hotel as the event. The event itself was one of the best I've been to in a long time. We had a FABULOUS night and plan on going again and again. The food was outstanding, the service was top notch and the entertainment was incredible. I loved the late check out time that they only do on New Years...(great idea guys...keep it up!!). The bed in our room was so comfortable, my boyfriend had to make me get out of bed the next day to eat brunch! Brunch was phenomenal and was included in the room rate. They had something for everyone and a lot more! I wish they were open to everyone as we don't live far and would love to just come for brunch.

We can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EFoxx
swagnersir, Manager at Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel and New Year’s Eve party! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I am a business traveler who spends 50-60 nights a year in hotels. This was my fourth stay. If you are looking for a HI Express or Hampton experience it might not be for you. If you are looking for something, not quite so cookie cutter, then you may find it charming as I do. It is in the center of Wilkes Barre with almost a European feel. But while in the center of town, I have never experienced significant ambient noise from outside as I have at other urban hotels.

The updated rooms are tasteful, if perhaps a bit cozy. The bathrooms can't completely hide their age but they have been freshened. The bedding is good. Front desk staff is welcoming. (On a previous visit, I requested a room change from a non-updated king to and updated queen. The staff made the change immediately, then made two calls to insure I was comfortable.) There is an informative and helpful hotel directory on the desk (something I always value especially when in an area I don't know.) It's the little touches that leave you with the feeling they really care about the guest. I've had rooms with books to peruse and I like a previous reviewer thought the rubber ducky on the ledge of the tub was charming. It just made me smile. If a room can make me smile, it's a success. On this trip, I did not partake in breakfast, but in the past it has been a cut above the standard cookie cutter standard.

One of the reasons I like the property is that there are decent dining choices available within walking distance. I have eaten twice at Oyster, the hotel restaurant. It is not bad though a bit unpolished. They served scallops meuniere with french fries. The scallops were good but I thought the french fries an odd compliment. I would eat there again and probably will but there is a better choice on the square just a block's walk away Cafe Toscana which is very good.

Finally the property represents a great value. I don't know why the typical business traveler rooms in the area are priced as high as they are but the BW Genetti is typically priced 20% or more less then the interstate alternatives. BW in the US can run the gamut and are often not my choice. If every BW were as freshened and customer-centric as Genetti it would be my chain of choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bongerdad

Thank you for your review. Your kind words mean a lot to us. We have made many improvements to our property and put in a lot of hard work. Having our guests enjoy their visit brings such great satisfaction. Again we greatly appreciate your review and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this downtown hotel. This was a quick, unplanned overnight business trip, but the room was very clean and included all the needed amenities (including rubber duckie by the tub!). The carpet had some coffee stains which need attention (room 2011), but other than than was very good for a picky traveler such as myself.

When the HVAC is updated, a nice touch would be if they would include a thermostatically controlled heat system. The wall unit did not keep the room as cool as how I had it set, and I prefer a unit which keeps a fan constantly going, rather than turning on and off.

The breakfast included lots of fresh fruit, including some pineapple, grapefruit, oranges, etc. that were cut up into a salad. I would suggest the addition of brown sugar for the instant oatmeal. In fact, some cooked hot cereal would be a lovely addition to the hot breakfast items. The scrambled eggs, in two varieties, tasted very good. The restaurant's setting is quite elegant.

I'm was thankful, too, for the free WiFi, not always a given these days.

My stay here was too short!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. Our guests have been enjoying the rubber ducks in the room. We feel it’s the little things that can make a big difference. Fast, free and reliable internet is important to many travelers and we are happy to provide it. Thank you for bringing the carpet issue to our attention and suggestions for improvement. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Had a nice stay at this hotel. Bed was comfy and the room was very clean. Location is great as well. I would recommend some updates to the lobby and outside. Just looks a bit out dated. Other wise that, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you enjoyed our new pillow top mattresses. We know how important getting a comfortable nights rest is. We hope you will visit us again to see our completed lobby renovations and refinements to the exterior of the building. We can’t wait to finish them and I’m sure you will enjoy them too!

Reviewed 8 February 2013

everytime we come to visit my son who is at Kings college, we stay in this hotel. everybody are warm and accomodating, from the receptionist to housekeeping and to the guy who is at the restaurant. rooms are clean

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family