I stay at the Best Western Genetti twice a year when I fly from South Dakota to Wilkes-Barre to participate in the Wilkes University Low-Residency Creative Writing Program. Each time I stay, I am impressed with the excellent customer service that the Genetti provides. When I initially made my reservation, the hotel warned me that there were weddings and other conferences which would prevent me from staying for my entire trip. They recommended their sister hotel, where I made a reservation for the last few nights of my time in Wilkes-Barre. I thanked them for helping me find another place to stay the last few nights and asked if I could be on a waiting list for a room at the Genetti in case someone canceled.
My flight into Wilkes-Barre was delayed until late at night, but the hotel still made sure to send a taxi to pick me up from the airport. Then, once I arrived at the hotel, the hotel staff made sure I was comfortable. When I checked in, I was surprised to learn they had found me a room for my entire stay -- so I wouldn't have to switch hotels. They had remembered my request to be on a waiting list for a room and made the change themselves. They did the same thing for a friend of mine in the program. We were both ecstatic that we wouldn't have to leave the Genetti.
At the Oyster Restaurant, Darryl made modifications to my food with a positive attitude; Travis remembered my favorite wine; and they all offered a relaxing dining experience. When my friend from my program and I couldn't find parking in the lot during the program's final banquet, Chris from the front desk made sure to personally come out and direct us to parking spot, with a positive attitude of course!
I love staying at the Genetti when I'm in town. It's always clean, quiet, comfortable and affordable (ask for the Wilkes University student rate). Plus, the customer service is unparalleled. I would recommend this hotel to anyone from anywhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this full-service Hotel, located next to the F.M. Kirby Center and few blocks from Wilkes University and King's College. Well appointed rooms feature flat screen TV's, free wireless high-speed internet access and spa-like pillow top mattresses. With banquet ball rooms accommodating up to 2000 people, this is the perfect place to celebrate. A free hot breakfast buffet is served every morning to our guests in our own restaurant Oyster. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Genetti Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Best Western Wilkes-Barre
- Wilkes-Barre Best Western