“Great Customer Service at Genetti”

Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stay at the Best Western Genetti twice a year when I fly from South Dakota to Wilkes-Barre to participate in the Wilkes University Low-Residency Creative Writing Program. Each time I stay, I am impressed with the excellent customer service that the Genetti provides. When I initially made my reservation, the hotel warned me that there were weddings and other conferences which would prevent me from staying for my entire trip. They recommended their sister hotel, where I made a reservation for the last few nights of my time in Wilkes-Barre. I thanked them for helping me find another place to stay the last few nights and asked if I could be on a waiting list for a room at the Genetti in case someone canceled.

My flight into Wilkes-Barre was delayed until late at night, but the hotel still made sure to send a taxi to pick me up from the airport. Then, once I arrived at the hotel, the hotel staff made sure I was comfortable. When I checked in, I was surprised to learn they had found me a room for my entire stay -- so I wouldn't have to switch hotels. They had remembered my request to be on a waiting list for a room and made the change themselves. They did the same thing for a friend of mine in the program. We were both ecstatic that we wouldn't have to leave the Genetti.

At the Oyster Restaurant, Darryl made modifications to my food with a positive attitude; Travis remembered my favorite wine; and they all offered a relaxing dining experience. When my friend from my program and I couldn't find parking in the lot during the program's final banquet, Chris from the front desk made sure to personally come out and direct us to parking spot, with a positive attitude of course!

I love staying at the Genetti when I'm in town. It's always clean, quiet, comfortable and affordable (ask for the Wilkes University student rate). Plus, the customer service is unparalleled. I would recommend this hotel to anyone from anywhere!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were headed to Miami finishing up a 23-day road trip to Maine and the Canadian Maritime Provinces. My wife, Linda, was born in Wilkes-Barre (pronounced "Wilkes-Berry") and we thought it might be great nostalgia to see what was happening with the downtown area. So we booked a pet friendly room at the Best Western Genetti.

This is an extremely nice Best Western (we have stayed at quite a few as many or pet friendly) and following a long day of driving from Franconia, NH, it seemed like heaven. The hotel is about a block from the downtown center so we were able to take a walk and see what had changed since my wife's childhood. The hotel is not new but it is extremely well maintained. The grounds in late May were beautiful. We met a number of fellow guests who were traveling with their dogs. Everyone seemed pleased to be staying at the Genetti.

Our only regret is that we did not order room service. The hotel's room service menu looked awesome. Next time. We will be back.

Bill, Linda and Neemo

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I made reservations for eight rooms, some for 3 nights and some for 2 nights. My family was gathering for my father's funeral. The staff at the hotel, especially Chris, the Front Desk Manager, was wonderful. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. Everything was convenient. I cannot say enough about the staff at the hotel. They were excellent. They made our very sad time much more bearable. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived in Wilkes-Barre with this hotel in mind--thanks to the Hotel.com coupon we had picked up at the Pennsylvania welcome building on the highway. I think we were disappointed to see this was a Best Western but in an old hotel building downtown. But it was raining and I was tired, so we decided to see if it was at least clean. I parked the car in the driveway, and saw that they charge for parking--I will say I was in a bad mood.
The desk manager was all smiles and helpful. The rate was excellent and it included 2 free drinks in their bar plus breakfast, free wifi and a pool--and parking IS FREE FOR GUESTS. All my concerns had been handled. The room was very nice, and there are restaurants both in the hotel and on the square out front.
I will note that the bar allows smoking, and so we didn't stop to enjoy the free drinks. I don't get that the restaurant is non smoking, but the bar is not.
Breakfast was in the hotel dining room, where they have wedding receptions. A free hot breakfast on real plates and with real silverware--wow. Most of our hotels are serving on foam plates with plastic dinnerware.
Not a complaint, but the smoke detector began chirping after dinner. The front desk was busy with new clients, but gave me a battery and I handled the change-out.

Room Tip: I like to be able to see my car, you will park in the back, so get a room that overlooks the parking...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Spent one night (Friday May 16th) with wife and 2 children to attend son's college graduation in Wilkes Barre PA. Assigned a 2nd floor 2 queen non-smoking room. No view as we were to the back of the building looking over the lower roof. Recommend higher floor and on the other side of the building. Small refrigerator and coffee maker with coffee complimentary. Older building so some what dark with a slight deodorizing odor in hallways, but air in room did not have odor. Air conditioning/heater unit in the room isn't as quiet as I would prefer but I snore so it wasn't a problem. Bathroom remodeled clean and nice. Room updated clean and comfortable. Beds on the softer side which the kids and wife preferred. Staff friendly and helpful. Free breakfast somewhat standard fair, pre made pancakes, sausage, bacon, scrambled, eggs, self make waffles, selection of juice, coffee, tea, selection of muffins, bagels and so forth, for free it was good.
Didn't eat lunch or dinner at the Oyster Room the on premises restaurant, but breakfast was in that facility. Outdoor swimming pool on premises, but closed for season. On site free parking.
Price $107.90 plus tax. Not luxury but a Good deal, would stay there again in room overlooking the street and higher up.

Room Tip: Not luxury but a Good deal, would stay there again in room overlooking the street and higher up. We...
Reviewed 15 May 2014

While the city of Wilkes-Barre obviously has a great deal of work in the years ahead to improve the paving of the streets the hotel itself has shown a huge interest in improving it's appearance with the changes it has affected since my last stay at that facility which was three years ago. My wife expresses her satisfaction with the hotel as well.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel was very clean both the lobby and the room. Bed was very comfortable. I do not how ever recommend the free breakfast. Should you not be there when it starts you will not have a very good choice of food. It is conveniently located to the FB Kirby Center for concerts and shows. Also centrally located for dining and movie going if interested

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple