“Different but all good”

Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This establishment is a little bit of a time warp but I could fault nothing.
Check-in was very efficient and the receptionist lady was very friendly and helpful. Car parking is through a boom gate to the rear car-park and there was excellent parking with easy access to the lobby.
We had room on third floor and there are 2 elevators and never had to wait for them.
Room was nicely laid out,clean and comfortable. Everything worked perfectly in the room.
Hotel is quiet and we had a great night's sleep.
Internet Wi-Fi was excellent.
Breakfast is in the restaurant and the decor is a little surreal since it is also used for wedding receptions - lots of brass railings, statues, piano etc. Breakfast was really first class. Real china crockery and stainless steel cutlery sets of the nice selection of cereals and hot foods which included thick slices of gammon ham.
This is a well run hotel and it is nice to stay somewhere where everything works faultlessly and proceeds according to plan.
I would have no hesitation in staying here again or recommending the motel to other people.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J0hnMcKay

Reviewed 24 June 2014

OMG Simone A @ the front desk was like a guardian angel in my time of need. She gave me a great room at a great rate and a lot of encouraging words that gave me peace of mind through the night. This woman is a true gem at this property.
This property is very nice. The rooms are wonderful and very clean. It is also in a very nice area of the city. Wonderful job Mr. Genetti. Give Simone a promotion and a raise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our high school class held our 50 the reunion here the weekend of June 20th. The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom was also very clean. The hotel does allow smoking in some rooms and I was worried the place would smell of cigarette smoke. I was surprised and pleased that I could not smell cigarette smoke in any of the common areas or on the sixth floor which was nonsmoking. The complementary breakfast was good. The dinner served at our reunion was very good. The hotel is convent to downtown stores and the river park. Chris at the front desk was very helpful. We plan on staying here on our next trip to Wilkes Barre.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The front desk staff was professional and pleasant, restaurant very clean, food hot, tasty and clean, the bed very comfortable, bathroom very clean and modern update high toilet and a good hot water flow. I give an overall rating "excellent" for the whole experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. Very satisfied with everything. This hotel offers all the best in everything anyone would look for in a top rated hotel. convenience to outside restaurants and shopping in the area all within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Marjorie H
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stay at the Best Western Genetti twice a year when I fly from South Dakota to Wilkes-Barre to participate in the Wilkes University Low-Residency Creative Writing Program. Each time I stay, I am impressed with the excellent customer service that the Genetti provides. When I initially made my reservation, the hotel warned me that there were weddings and other conferences which would prevent me from staying for my entire trip. They recommended their sister hotel, where I made a reservation for the last few nights of my time in Wilkes-Barre. I thanked them for helping me find another place to stay the last few nights and asked if I could be on a waiting list for a room at the Genetti in case someone canceled.

My flight into Wilkes-Barre was delayed until late at night, but the hotel still made sure to send a taxi to pick me up from the airport. Then, once I arrived at the hotel, the hotel staff made sure I was comfortable. When I checked in, I was surprised to learn they had found me a room for my entire stay -- so I wouldn't have to switch hotels. They had remembered my request to be on a waiting list for a room and made the change themselves. They did the same thing for a friend of mine in the program. We were both ecstatic that we wouldn't have to leave the Genetti.

At the Oyster Restaurant, Darryl made modifications to my food with a positive attitude; Travis remembered my favorite wine; and they all offered a relaxing dining experience. When my friend from my program and I couldn't find parking in the lot during the program's final banquet, Chris from the front desk made sure to personally come out and direct us to parking spot, with a positive attitude of course!

I love staying at the Genetti when I'm in town. It's always clean, quiet, comfortable and affordable (ask for the Wilkes University student rate). Plus, the customer service is unparalleled. I would recommend this hotel to anyone from anywhere!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were headed to Miami finishing up a 23-day road trip to Maine and the Canadian Maritime Provinces. My wife, Linda, was born in Wilkes-Barre (pronounced "Wilkes-Berry") and we thought it might be great nostalgia to see what was happening with the downtown area. So we booked a pet friendly room at the Best Western Genetti.

This is an extremely nice Best Western (we have stayed at quite a few as many or pet friendly) and following a long day of driving from Franconia, NH, it seemed like heaven. The hotel is about a block from the downtown center so we were able to take a walk and see what had changed since my wife's childhood. The hotel is not new but it is extremely well maintained. The grounds in late May were beautiful. We met a number of fellow guests who were traveling with their dogs. Everyone seemed pleased to be staying at the Genetti.

Our only regret is that we did not order room service. The hotel's room service menu looked awesome. Next time. We will be back.

Bill, Linda and Neemo

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Wilkes-Barre hotels
Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain
Courtyard Wilkes-Barre Scranton/Arena
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 21 in Wilkes-Barre

Been to Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!