“Nice place for the price”

Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Lots of renovations with noise and dust in the lobby area. Room was clean and ready for us. Staff allowed us to check in early and were very helpful. A bit out of the way for some attractions but everything was in driving distance. Pool,sauna, and hot tub were clean and very enjoyable when workers were not hanging around. I'd love to stay there after renovations are complete and try again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The gentleman that greeted me at the front desk made my day. With his positive attitude and determination to see me smile he wowed me with his skills. Putting me on the top floor with a valley view was only the beginning. He also gave me tickets to the breakfast buffet which was amazing by the way. The hotel was clean and so was the room even though they are undergoing renovations. I can only imagine how great it will be once they are done. I have nothing to else to say but ENJOY!! This hotel is great and well worth the cost!

Room Tip: Valley View!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in this hotel so many times now(in fact coming back in sept), as my 20 month old little girl lives here.
The staff are fantastic, very helpful and will do there best to make you feel comfortable.
The bistro has amazing food, and the service is great. Breakfast is great, and my little girl loves the fruit.
The reception staff are very good, and always gone straight in to my room when I get there.
The indoor pool, gym, sauna and jacuzzi are great, maybe the pool needs to be a little warmer.
The grounds are very nice, with a great little park area for kids.
I will say, you are better off having a car as a little way from shops and malls. They do have a mini bus, which can be booked.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked a couple of nites through Priceline (2.5 star with pool and breakfast) and luckily was awarded the Best Western. I think I paid $67 CAN/nite. Well worth the price with buffet breakfast included, coffee also available in Lobby in the AM. Hotel is almost done with complete reno so are room was nice and fresh with new bed/tv etc. Only complaint was the leftover odor of smoke from when it was the Mountain Inn, that recondition air smoke smell just does not leave. The pool was a good size, nice hot tub and exercise room available. I'd look for this place if staying in Wilkes Barre

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night for business, and I am glad to see they are doing renovations to improve. The staff was very nice, and the room was enormous, but I requested non-smoking, and although it indicated this was a non-smoking room, the room was obviously previously a smoking room as it reeked of cigarettes (room 715). I would seek a different hotel if I was traveling to Wilkes-Barre again based on the room odour.

Room Tip: Non-smoking means it was previously a smoking room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My stay was pleasant, room was very nice with the exception that it had a cigarette smoke odor even though it was a non- smoke room. I called the person at front desk and arranged to have them run an air purifier machine in this room the next day while I was out. I arrived in time to ask the house keeper if the room this was done - She said yes BUT the room still reeked of cigarette smoke. The hotel would not change my room so I had to endure 3 nights of this odor. David De Leon - Stayed here from July 17th thru July 20th 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have family in the area and at some point this was home. There is not a lot of choices in this area so we were happy to stay at the Best Western in Wilkes- Barre in this lovely mountain setting. The rooms were extremely clean I did the finger dust test and not a pinch of dust anywhere. The bed was comfortable and the floor was quiet. They are in the process of renovating the rooms but we did not hear any noise. I believe we were on the 6th floor mountain side with a small balcony with a great mountain view. The room had a small fridge, couch, chair, coffee table and a small dining table for 4. We had an extended stay and found the room very cozy and were pleased with the reservations staff. Breakfast was included in our visit and you could get the small buffet bar or order off the menu. If I have one complaint about this hotel it would be the staff at the breakfast buffet - very stern faces and you feel a little uncomfortable at times. Food was good off the menu we ordered coffee, tea and eggs benedict which we all gobbled down and head out for our Pocono adventures. I would stay here again and would rate this hotel as one of the best bargains for this and the surrounding areas. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT HOTEL ON WILDFLOWER DR - THERE ARE 2 BEST WESTERNS
Awesome indoor pool, small exercise room, lovely walking path and gardens.

Room Tip: Ask for the top renovated rooms with a view of the mountain - not the valley.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Wilkes-Barre hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre
Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre
Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre
#6 of 20 in Wilkes-Barre

Been to Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain

Address: 600 Wildflower Dr, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702-7928 (Formerly Best Western)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Luzerne County > Wilkes-Barre
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Romantic Hotel in Wilkes-Barre
#3 Family Hotel in Wilkes-Barre
#4 Business Hotel in Wilkes-Barre
Price Range: £79 - £132 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain 3*
Full service hotel with two restaurants on premises. Bistro & Lounge with outdoor seating. A hearty hot breakfast buffet included with every room. Large indoor pool, spa & sauna. Complimentary Business center, Wi-Fi, Fax & copy service, Iron & ironing board, Hair Dryer and Courtesy Airport & Casino shuttle. Meeting & Banquet rooms. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus East Mountain Hotel Wilkes-Barre