“Best in the area ”

Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here numerous times as we have family in the area. We stay here at least a few times every year and have never been disappointed. The hotel is in the midst of a renovation and we are looking forward to seeing the new and improved facilities soon.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Presently undergoing renovation. So some noise present as well as construction areas roped off, many unpacked boxes. The newly renovated rooms are clean, comfortable and worth it despite construction.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel was not ready to accept quests during it's remodeling. Items were missing from room, ie. refridgerator, suitcas rack. they were not promised, but never delivered. The oder of paint/thinner was overpowering! the one usable elevator was always jammed with workmen, equiptment, guests.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Al S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear Al S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I read prior reviews that the hotel was undergoing renovations but did not realize the extent of the remodel. We stayed for 3 nights for a seminar my husband was attending and I really cannot say many nice things about the experience. The renovation is MASSIVE. The entire front of the parking lot is lined with moving trucks full of beds/TV's and other furniture. That left 1 lane of traffic and upon pulling in we were almost "T" boned by another guest trying to back out of a parking space! Bad first impression to say the least. Check in was uneventful and we were given a mountain view room on the 5th floor. The elevator situation is a problem especially during peak check in/check out times. One of the two elevators are dedicated for construction crews only and the wait can be substantial. We got to our room and again, not impressed. White shower tiles did contain mold on the grout, one situation that I despise. The bedskirt had more than several questionable stains on it and was in generally disgusting condition. The topper of that evening was when I kicked off my flip flops and had them land on a condom wrapper! If I could have I would have checked out right then. Day 2 my husband went to the conference section and that was far below what he had expected. Lunch was either a ham or tuna sandwich although 1 of the days they included chips. Beverages were warm and the hotel provided some ice to dilute your soda, poor representation of snacks. I thought I would read in our room........WRONG, they were remodeling the floor above us so for 2 hours I listened to constant pounding and banging while new carpeting and other items were installed. Well, I'll go to the lobby to read ........WRONG the lobby was covered in plastic sheathing and filled with mattresses and new room furniture. I am not an overly critical person and have traveled extensively. The hotel, either Best Western or the future Holiday Inn mgmt. should have either closed a portion of the hotel if not the entire property during construction. Room prices were not discounted and there was nothing so wonderful in the 3 day stay that would encourage us to return to the hotel no matter who is running or managing the facility.

Room Tip: Don't choose ANY ROOM until the renovations are completed.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RofoBeth
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Lots of renovations with noise and dust in the lobby area. Room was clean and ready for us. Staff allowed us to check in early and were very helpful. A bit out of the way for some attractions but everything was in driving distance. Pool,sauna, and hot tub were clean and very enjoyable when workers were not hanging around. I'd love to stay there after renovations are complete and try again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The gentleman that greeted me at the front desk made my day. With his positive attitude and determination to see me smile he wowed me with his skills. Putting me on the top floor with a valley view was only the beginning. He also gave me tickets to the breakfast buffet which was amazing by the way. The hotel was clean and so was the room even though they are undergoing renovations. I can only imagine how great it will be once they are done. I have nothing to else to say but ENJOY!! This hotel is great and well worth the cost!

Room Tip: Valley View!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in this hotel so many times now(in fact coming back in sept), as my 20 month old little girl lives here.
The staff are fantastic, very helpful and will do there best to make you feel comfortable.
The bistro has amazing food, and the service is great. Breakfast is great, and my little girl loves the fruit.
The reception staff are very good, and always gone straight in to my room when I get there.
The indoor pool, gym, sauna and jacuzzi are great, maybe the pool needs to be a little warmer.
The grounds are very nice, with a great little park area for kids.
I will say, you are better off having a car as a little way from shops and malls. They do have a mini bus, which can be booked.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Wilkes-Barre hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre
Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre
Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre
#5 of 21 in Wilkes-Barre
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton

Been to Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain

Address: 600 Wildflower Dr, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702-7928 (Formerly Best Western)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Luzerne County > Wilkes-Barre
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Romantic Hotel in Wilkes-Barre
#3 Family Hotel in Wilkes-Barre
#4 Business Hotel in Wilkes-Barre
Price Range: £62 - £118 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain 3*
Full service hotel with two restaurants on premises. Bistro & Lounge with outdoor seating. A hearty hot breakfast buffet included with every room. Large indoor pool, spa & sauna. Complimentary Business center, Wi-Fi, Fax & copy service, Iron & ironing board, Hair Dryer and Courtesy Airport & Casino shuttle. Meeting & Banquet rooms. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus East Mountain Hotel Wilkes-Barre