“Awesome Hotel and Staff”

Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 18 November 2009

The East Mountain Inn ROCKS! The food was wonderful. Here on a three day business trip. Tried the pumpkin soup which was great and the carrot cake was to die for! Great breakfasts too. The GM, Nadine and her staff are so friendly. The room looked brand new with beautiful throws and flat screen TV's. Loved hanging out in the Sunset Grill too with my coworkers after a long day of meetings. The meeting rooms were comfortable and we got a lot of business done. The oatmeal raisin cookies on the break were delicious too. The food here is just great! It's even very close to the casino. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain

Reviewed 17 October 2009

Excellent! Just wish they offered free coffee for breakfast that would of hit the spot .
The Staff was extremely wonderful, from the pool people, kitchen, hostess, waitress,
housekeeping the night desk man were extremely nice.
The one person who should of known better WAS the "day" desk clerk *he should be a bit kinder with people. His character is/was a bit rough on the edges.
If this man loved his job he needs a bit of adjustment on his language skills of kindness with people. Not just customers but with his staff also..
Over all I give this one a 4 star beauty !!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I would never stay in this hotel again.. Lady bugs all over our room..They sent a guy up to vaccum them up.. 20 the first time..After he left they start to come out around the top of wall paper where in meets the ceiling where it was loose.. They where under it..They came back again to vac more..The guy said they have them in allot of the other rooms..I would of left the hotel but all hotels in valley where booked up..Front desk said they where not aloud to spray..I wonder if there they would let there mother sleep there..If I want to sleep with bugs I'D go camping..What A Dump

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank butchsd
MHCLancaster, Vice President, Manor Hotel Corporation at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2009

Although ladybugs are quite harmless to humans, we understand that they can be a nuisance and quite disturbing for some.

Our hotel is located in the foothills of the Pocono's, and the ladybugs live in the canopies of trees surrounding our hotel property. It is natural for ladybugs to want indoors when the temperature begins to change. They want to hibernate in a warm, comfortable spot over the cold months of winter (and they love our newly refurbished guestrooms!)

Our exterminator has advised us that there is no practical way to keep them from gaining entrance into some guestrooms. Pesticides are not recommended. They recommend using a vacuum to remove them from the room and return them back to their natural habitat.

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Regards,
Brenda Black, Vice President
MANOR HOTEL CORPORATION

Reviewed 10 October 2009

Had a wonderful time at a 50th High School Reunion which involved a three-night stay at this great hotel. Included a photograph of me and two of my Westside Central Catholic Classmates from the reunion party.
Enjoyed the fabulous indoor pool which features a hot tub.
The staff provided great IT support to my husband in helping with electronic messaging.
We experienced one of the best meals of our lives at the restaurant (Wildflowers). The service was marvelous in every way. This was especially noteworthy because the staff was supporting a major wedding in another room nearby. The staff simply did not miss a beat!
After I returned home to my home in Virginia, I discovered that I had lost some jewelry that had some actual and great sentimental value to me.
Just then the phone rang and it was Nadine, the General Manager of the establishment. After following established procedures to assure the items were properly identified, she was kind enough to make arrangements to have the jewelry returned to my residence. I was greatly relieved.
What a great experience.
We are looking forward to returning for six days at Thanksgiving again this year!
We annually host a group of about 40 family and friends on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving in the Vista room at this hotel. Our family and friends lovingly refer to this event as "Practice Thanksgiving"
If you are considering a stay in the Wilkes-Barre Scranton area, this is THE place to stay!
Judie Langan Phillips

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2009

We stayed at this Best Western because a friend of mine got married and had the reception at the hotel. First, I would like to say that the reception facilities were great. The food was great and the service was great. We checked into the hotel between the ceremony at a local church and the reception. Some of my friends called ahead and got an early check in for before the ceremony and it wasn't a problem with the hotel. There is a nice indoor pool and outdoor play area for kids. Our room, 1 King Bed non-smoking, was nice. There was a nice plasma screen TV mounted on the wall and the bed was super comfy. The bathroom was large but the shower head seemed to be mounted a bit low on the wall. I'm 6'0 and i barely could get my head under it without bending or squatting. The hotel bar closed at 1230 AM which was a bummer because there is nothing else to do at the hotel and none of us we in any shape to drive anywhere. We had no problems with the staff and we did not get a chance to eat at the restaurant in the hotel. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2009

First off let me say that I have been there before. I overheard employee's talked about how a guest's room was robbed and they made no attempt to stop talking while I was walking to my room.Second the room smelled like smoke and mildew badly when I was out walking down stairs I notice the smell of cigarette smoke coming from the sales office I thought smoking indoors was banned but the girls inside didn't seem to care.Third the food tasted like it came from a box rather then fresh the hostess was rude the front desk clerk was the same both of them the guy and the girl both very rude.The guest who had their room broken into I once again overheard employee's saying that they weren't surprised that it happened and that nothing will get done about it nothing ever gets done about anything there they said they aslo said that's why nobody will work there the managers don't care and from the looks of everything I seen I would agree.I went to look at the ballroom there was someone in the room in a I think it was a cook smoking and talking on a cell phone never even said excuse me remember smoking is banned indoors in some place I'm sure this place is one of them.Later I returned to the ballroom much later I couldn't sleep I went to look at it again and there was someone in there again and they said to me that I had to leave the room wasn't open to the public past ten he was very bery rude.Sunday brunch was ok it would have been better had I not heard a very loud disagreement in the kitchen so loud it was heard in the dinning room and trust I wasn't the only one who heard it.As I said before I have stayed there and the stay was good but this is was bad and if I do stay there again then something should be done about the stealing and fighting

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeepsmeWonderingy
Reviewed 28 March 2009

10-04-04 I was married there. My husband and I frequently stay at East Mountain INN. We have family in the area and visit often from MD. Our wedding day was perfect. When we visit we are remembered like celebrities.
Patrice & Karen are the best. If it is not perfect, report it and they do their best to accomodate guests in anyway. I highly reccommend this establishment and we now have family that go there when flooded out in town. Breakfast is wonderful, and do not forget the piano man.
Its a one stop shop.... You can, eat, exercise, swim, drink and be merry.
Tina Marie Moyer