“best pizza in wilkes barre”
Review of Angelo's Pizzeria

Angelo's Pizzeria
Ranked #56 of 282 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Pizza
“best pizza in wilkes barre”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

like good pizza, like a friendly atmosphere. look no further this is the place to get pizza in wilkes barre you wont leave a single crumb behind. only down side they dont have wings and they dont have a chicken wing pizza if they did i would eat here every night.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank inuyasha0489

“Wilkes-Barre Legend”
Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

Angelos's is a legend for pizza in Wilkes-Barre. If you for some horrible reason find yourself traveling through town and you want to try a true Wilkes-Barre pizza, Angelo's is the place. Get the sweet sauce, it's their specialty. If you order on a Friday in Lent, expect to wait 2 hours for a pizza. They only have 5 or 6 tables, they do not take credit cards and they don't serve anything but pizza... And they have been around for 60 years, so you figure it out!

3 Thank Dan55678
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Small, family run pizza joint. Tell them what you want on your pizza and enjoy! For the solo traveler they have a personal pizza you can get for about 5 bucks. Get the sweet sauce.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank BarleyOne
Dallas, PA
“Sorry, Not a fan”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I thought my family and I needed to try this place. We are not from Wilkes-Barre so we were surprised at only 5 or 6 tables to sit. We finally got a table and waited with much anticipation for this pizza. It reminded me of a homemade type pizza using tomato soup on the crust. We did not enjoy this pizza at all and with all the aggrevation of finding a place to park on the street and waiting for one of the few tables, it was not worth traveling to.

• Visited August 2011
Somewhere, USA
“Um, it's OK, I guess.”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

At this writing there were 5 reviews, all rating this place excellent. No, not really, no. It's alright. To be honest, I'm sick of it. My wife's family may have written these other reviews. People like what they like, but don't go into this place thinking everyone loves it. Heck, odds are you'll agree with the five. See, I'm the outsider (although my wife has seen the light now, too). The in-laws handle the ordering. Even when we tell them "just plain, no extra cheese" for us, they get several pies with toppings and the one without always, ALWAYS has extra cheese. Chewing gum, more like it. I did have it with canadian bacon and pineapple a couple times. That was pretty good. I don't like the sweet sauce, though. Until I read these reviews, I didn't know they had a regular version. I'll take one with sausage from Sabatini's in Exeter, thank you very much. I'll have to write that review soon.

• Visited May 2012