“Good Food,Service and Location”
Review of Rodano's

Rodano's
Ranked #75 of 290 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our family recently stayed at Best Western Genetti in Wilkes Barre. We were tired and hungry when we arrived and wanted something casual for dinner. The gal at the desk gave us a list of casual type restaurants that were close by. We chose to walk to Rodano's which was two blocks away. We had the spring roll appetizer and the deep fried string beans as well. Both were delicious. We had salads and wraps for the main meal. They were all very good. They have a large bar. The mixed drinks we had were delicious and reasonably priced. The waitress was friendly, helpful and efficient. We would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Happened to walk in for happy hour & were very pleased with the food & service. It is large & noisy, but the people make up for it. We ended up going there twice.

Would definitely recommend & go back.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Staffed by incompetent wanna-be "thugs." Even their shirt slogans make it seem like the security staff wants to pick fights with the customers. Horrible music and overpriced drinks....Stay FAR away from this place.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was at Rodanos in February 2014 with a group of friends. We usually pick a different place to go each Friday for drinks and dinner. I love the atmosphere at Rodanos, but our waitress was not the nicest I've ever met. She was rather rude at points. She did split the check for us, but then again, many times you're sitting with strangers at one long high top table, so I don't suppose that's any different. I suppose I should have put my glasses on when the check came, but didn't. It's also slightly dim in there (which normally I like), but I just gave my credit card to pay the bill without scrutinizing it first. When I signed my slip, I added my usual 20% tip. It wasn't until after we were gone, that I was informed they had already added an 18% tip! I know this waitress could not possibly have thought she was worth that much of a tip, and I truly believe that, if I was the waitress, I would have called this to the customer's attention. The food is always good at Rodanos, especially the flatbread pizzas, but watch out for your server. This is not the first time I've been unhappy with the service.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Since our son started college in Wilkes-Barre this year, we have been visiting our fair share of restaurants in this city that is rediscovering itself. Rodano's is in the middle of the city and right next to the city green. It is centrally located between two of the larger schools (Wilkes University and King's College) that call Wilkes-Barre home and convenient to everything in the downtown area. At first, Rodano's appears to be a huge bar. The restaurant is vast, with high ceilings and a sprawling floor plan. Two large bars greet you upon entering. The bars are fully stocked and wonderfully outfitted with a wide assortment of beer on tap and countless cocktail and martini options. I enjoyed the Pineapple Upside Down Cake cocktail and was not disappointed. Rodano's has much more to offer though. The dining menu runs the gamut from pub dinners (chicken, ribs, etc) to burgers and sandwiches to pizza and stromboli. I selected the Bleu Burger while my son had the stromboli. The burger was perfectly cooked and well seasoned. It was accompanied by the crispiest fries I have ever eaten - not overcooked or burnt, just wonderfully crisp. The stromboli (steak, cheese, and onion) was overflowing and easily satisfied any hunger pangs. Again, well seasoned and perfectly cooked. The prices were very reasonable ($8+ for the burger; $7+ for the stromboli) and well worth it. Soft drinks included free refills, which was an added bonus.

It was quiet on an early Sunday evening, but I will definitely be back when the bar is in full swing and entertainment is present.